Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, July 17, 2006

Hannah and Stuff


Hello Bloggedears,

How are ye this fine morrow? I am hot as a fat man in a posh car (again) but apart from that...things are good.

Friday didn't start too well as the battery went on my carkeys and I couldn't open my petrol cap manually (since found out the 'secret'!) changed batteries - still not luck!

I was off to Cambridge so needed to get it sorted so went to the Vauxhall garage I bought it from. Apparently I needed to 'synch' in the new key.....cunning??!!!

Cambridge was excellent. I spent a weekend with Hannah - who I met on a wine-trip in Australia and met up with again in Perth....many moons ago. Those of you who have seen my travel pictures will know who I mean....(yes THAT one!)

Thankfully, she hadn't changed (I mean her personality hadn't changed, not she hadn't changed her clothes!) and we got on like a house on fire. Talking of fire - spookily we now BOTH have red hair.....

The soaring temperatures meant a house on fire is a very hot thing....

We went to the 'Big Day Out' - a kind of art/pop/craft/eco/food festival at 'Parker Piece' in the town centre......(see 'French Market' pic)

There was a cider tent - so we were happy! We popped back in the evening to see the fireworks and arrived just as they started - perfecto!

On the Sunday we saw Pirates of Carribean II = Matrix Reloaded with barnacles. Johhny Depp was excellent - It was very camp and panto like...(Oh no it wasn't!)

Didn't set off for home until about 10.15pm so finally rolled up at 12.45am..Looking forward to doing it again...

I will never think of the 'duck' song by Lemon Jelly in the same way again m'dear! xx

I didn't realise how close Hannah lives to Hamstead. If Sarah had gone to Prague a day later I could have saved myself TWO trips. Oh I am picky!

One thing I forgot to mention last time. I went to see Hednesford play Wolves in a pre-season friendly at Keys Park..ooops. They lost (of course).....

Once I get this week out of the way next week will be interesting.

I will be at Walsall Council from Monday to Tuesday, hospital check-up in Brum on Wednesday and Midlands Today on Thursday and Friday.

With the builders in and kittens in a daily bid to get cool...(having fur is no fun in the summer) it is great to spend as little time as possible indoors!

LINKS: My Pics

'All the ducks are swimming in the water.......'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home