Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Katrin and the Waves


Hello Bloggettes,

The pic is of York Minster - interesting, but not worth 250 years in the making!

Thanks again for your emails. I do TRY and reply to most to them so BIG APOLOGIES if I haven't (yet!)

Sorry for the pun in the title of this entry. All will be revealed!

Its been busy, busy, busy in Mark-ville as par usual. Last Saturday us 'Bandstand Housemates' were invited to a kind of Cannock open day thing.

But when we got there the thing was a farce. There was nothing for us to do. So we did, what any self-respecting Brit would and headed to the pub.

In the afternoon I drove down to Eastleigh in Hampshire (about three hours away) for Nathalie's BBQ....

There was an eclectic mix of food, drink and nationalities. Some new faces and some old.

The following day we went for a walk to Tichfield(?), near Southampton. It was nice to walk by streams and onto the beach and see the waves.

I chatted to Nath's housemate Katrin (cool, oboe-playing and from from Germany). German people DO have a sense of humour! lol

Anyway....on Wednesday I had to catch a train to Newcastle for my check-up and who was on-board but Katrin. How bizarre eh?! She was on her way to York.

After exhausting tests and an early morning everything went well in Newcastle. My lung function (FEV1) is up from 2.93 last time to 3.24 this time.

They also gave me the all-clear to play cricket again...so I now need to dust off my equipment (ooer!)

Katrin invited me to stop off in York with her...so I did. Because I could. It is so strange being able to do stuff like this again...

We walked along the wall, went on an night-time ghost hunt, saw the Yorvik Museum (excellent) and Clifford's Castle (not so good) and even ended up playing piano at a hotel. Surreal in a nice way....

I do so love getting to know new people...

Our hostel was noisy and there were lots of people (mix of age, sex and nationality) to a dorm....SO coffee was needed on Friday due to lack of sleep!

I rejoined the same train as I should of caught, but the next day, and got to Burton tired, but happy.

Oh yes. I have booked my New Lung Party of October 21st so write it in your diaries.

It must be BBQ season as it's John's do tomorrow (and a certain England match) and then I have a job interview on Monday over in Tamworth - I seem to be permanently filling in forms too. I sent in an application for a job in Lambeth today.

How come more people e-mail me when the kittens write a blog than when I do?! lol

Books: My Trade - By Andrew Marr
Music: Fightstar, random compilation of Icelandic music.


Say hello to our sponsors on britauction.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home