Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, July 01, 2006

T'internet and Cricket

Hello There,

I now have a 't'internet' connection again ooohooooo! (Shame about the printer etc)....

News? I played cricket on Wednesday for CWCC for the first time since my op....It wad good fun. I scored some runs and enjoyed getting back into the swing of things.

Bad news. I didn't get that new job. They phoned me up and said they were worried I may leave and go to a bigger paper in a few months and they needed someone longer-term.

So I guess I am too well-qualified with too much experience....Perhaps I should aim higher? Perhaps they were going to pay a really low wage so thought I wouldn't stay.

My first full-time job back into things after my op I will stay at least a year to get that continuity on my CV again.

Other rods in the fire. I am still waiting to hear on that job in Lambeth. Until then freelance keeps the wolves from the door so to speak.

I am taking up the role of editoing the national Transplant Support Network magazine. I am unsure about this as I don't want to be one of those people whose life is based around having a transplant, the way some people are obsessed with their babies or golf.

As long as it does not take too long and I don't have to find article myself, just re-write them...

I had a lovely surprise. Bob and Sue (who Sarah and I stayed with in Australia) popped in yesterday. I hadn't seen them in 6 years. Dad was Bob's best-man, way back when.

Last night I had a few drinks with Rich in the PG. It felt warm and balmy. English weather can be nice you see.

We are having a garage sale in aid of CF this weekend. So if you are in the area today or tomorrow between 10am and 4pm come round and say hi.

Goodbye to Katrin who goes back to Germany tomorrow and GOOD LUCK TO ENGLAND!

Huggles and snuggles

MARK

1 Comments:

  • At 8:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mark,
    I'd seen your byline in the Mercury and thought you must be working there. Hope the freelance life is treating you well. With all these broadcast interviews you keep doing, can't you get a foot in the door at the BBC?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home