Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, July 24, 2006

PC Plodding

Stressful week…shouldn’t have been…but is/was.

The house is still in bits because of the builders being in and I am trying to spend as little time as possible in there…

But this aim is being hampered by my ‘new’ PC playing up – and the helpline always being engaged – the fact I seem to have lost my passport somewhere and the disk with my CV and address book on seems not to work in mine or anyone else’s computer…

The kittens are creating; I am getting nowhere fast with a tax return and job application I am working on….But apart from that I am fine.

I did the normal routine of badminton, cricket (another victory) and gym. I actually managed a physical activity every day this week. I feel guilty if I am not away and miss a day. Perhaps I am getting addicted. I doubt it!

The rain has been great. It has been one of the hottest weeks EVER in the UK with temps pushing 100f. SO when it has rained it has been warm rain - like Thailand or Malaysia.

The humid atmosphere is more like a shower in the bathroom sense than the rain sense. It really brought back memories of walks in Laos and the Opium Circle.

Then I got sad because I seem to have misplaced my passport and I want to look at all my ‘stamps’

The rain held off for most of Saturday evening, which was good because I was at a BBQ at Erik and Diana’s place. I got a lift with Erik’s parentage – so I could drink.

I slept well! Well I say that but you know how it is when one is ‘with ale’. You go to sleep instantly , but it as kind of light sleep and you wake up knackered.

Well sorry this is short (and hopefully sweet). I booked the Creamfields Festival tickets for me, Rich and his lady. Anyone else who wants to go feel free to book tickets and meet us there or beforehand or I will sort them out for you.

So anything new this week? I went to Sutton one afternoon, because I was over that way and I hadn’t been there for yonks. I seemed to talk a lot on the phone and stuff too this week for some reason. I saw Justin on the baked spud stand. De-ja vu eh?

I also spent an afternoon with Victoria in Stafford after a meeting with Dee (my tax lady)

Work wise I have a couple of interesting stories I just can’t seem to get to start. I apologise to people who have rang me, I really had to motivate myself just to do the village news round-up on Sunday evening.

I went for a walk/run around Castle Ring on the Sunday evening and saw the lads from cricket at the pub. Big respect for resisting the urge for a Magners and jogged home.

The sun was going down and the Chase looked lovely – even the power station. It is a great time for a walk over Castle Ring. And NO I didn’t see any motorised skateboards.

As I said before this week is busy. I have a couple of days at Walsall Council and a couple of days at the BBC – and have a hospital check-up inbetween! I hope to find time to nip to Boundary Sports in Brum on Wednesday to buy some cricket pads.

To everyone who I owe emails to. Will a cyberhug do instead for the time being? Or a Jacob’s Cracker?

Oh yes I have been putting the pics from Jim’s wedding and the kittens from the memory card in the camera to disc to free up some space. So expect them to appear online asap.

Luv’n’Rockets

Music: Sophie Soloman, Lily Allen, Pet Shop Boys, Johnny Cash
Cheese: Roquefort

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home