Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Widnes and Working Out

Hiya Folks/Folkettes,

What to report? Well Jen is definitely coming from Korea the complicated week. The next three weeks are SO complicated its unreal.

I think we will spend the first two nights in London - then go to Cambridge for the tournament - then go home from there and spend a few days in Staffs.

But if anyone has any ideas (clean and otherwise) on how to amuse a Korean friend I haven't seen for four years, answers on a postcard.

I hope to see a few of you in London and Cambridge anyway.

I went down (up?) to Widnes on Monday (I would choose the day the M6 was turned into a car park by a fatal crash!).

Hey I think Windes is cool. It has a massive Morrisons, big ASDA and an indoor market where half the stalls seem to flog Beatles stuff..... AND its cheap and cheerful (just like me!)

I met my colleagues to be at Halton Council and they seem a friendly bunch. I got invited to the Xmas Party - but its the day I get back from Prague, so I will have to look at flight times.

It is a gangsters and molls/moles (?) do. The mind squabbles !

They are even going to keep their ears open for accommodation. How cool is that?

If I am only going to be in Staffs at weekends I need a gym I can pay-as-I-go. SO have had an induction at Burntwood Leisure Centre. I think the Cannons subscription if far too much if I am only going to use it once a week.

I will probably join the council -run gym in Widnes - it will be useful, especially as I won't know anyone when I first arrive. At least I can get fit.

Back working full time will be knackering. So the gym will be more needed than ever.

MY NEW LUNGS PARTY IS ON SATURDAY - 7.30pm onwards at the Park Gate Inn. I really should pay for the buffet soon.

Well my lovelies I have some stuff to do for nest weeks' local papers so will love you and leave you.

The Levellers tickets are booked. (That is not a secret code for anything by the way!)

Porita and Perdi kittens say they will write the next installment of their blog asap. Their fine motor skills leave a lot to be desired.

BOOKS: How To Breathe Underwater - Julie Orringer.
MUSIC: Beautiful South, Scissor Sisters, Shit Disco, Pet Shop Boys, PWEI

My pics CLICK
My choons CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home