Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Meeting PINK, Prague, Lenka and thieving gypsies!

Hi folkettes,

How is life? I am still recovering from the Prague thing.

The one bad thing about the Czechs is they are stuck in the 1970s and still think smoking is cool...so every bar/restaurant is smog-filled!

So...where to start? The Laibach gig on Wednesday at the city's Roxy club was excellent. The band are Slovenian and played industrial versions of Europe's national anthems!

Canadian Ian gave us a tour of the local nightlife. He is outlandish and a good time is always had. He introduced me to one of his friends....who is from Boney Hay (where I went to Middle School!)

But the weirdest thing to happen on the trip was I MET PINK....She had played a gig in Prague on the Wednesday and was just wandering about the Old Town Square on Thursday night.

I was a bit star struck (uncool I know) and chatted to her and gave her some Love Heart sweets I had in my pocket....I did stroke her arm while this happened and she didn't seem to mind!

Hey.......I have been called 'sweet' by Pink!

One of the nights out with Canadian Ian included drinking an absinthe and Baileys cocktail which was set alight and one has to drink through a straw before your head burns...

The other Ian wisely refused this option.

We all ended up in Hunny Bunny - a late night bar full of sexy French people.

On the Friday we had to leave the apartment by 10am so I wanted in Bohemia Bagel while Mr P took the keys back to Mary's..We then trckked with all our bags to the cafe where Canadanian Ian worked.

Then Ian's friend Lenka (a gorgeous Czech girl) took us for a free boat trip (including top ups of hot wine!) around the waterways of Prague....

We then fitted in all the sights and sounds we had yet to do and met Ian again for food. But in typical fashion the restaurant we had taken the tram to (with all our bags) was closed for a private party.

During the week we ate at a variety of places including a monastry, brewery and the Czech version of a greasy food van - surrounded by drunks.

Everyion in Prague knows to be aware of dark-skinned gypsies - who are thieving little toe-rags. One started talking to me - but I notices she had a knife in her hand.

If I was on my own I reckon she would have swiped my pocket or something. But luckily with three of us she thought better of it....

BMI Baby is a crap airline (but very cheap)....There was no overhead baggage store above our seats, the plane was too hot, cramped and sold overpriced drinks (due to security you cannot take your own on board)....

I think the late nights, early mornings, walking and drinking (and particularly the smoke) caught up with me today. I had a temperature and ache everywhere......

Luckily I have a few days beofre the Walsall Council Xmas do. But in that time I have an IT class, gym sessions, and the small matter of moving house to attend to!

A bientot....Oh yes the Prague pics should be on http://groups.msn.com/marksucks in a couple of days...enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home