Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Pitmen are the pits!


Hello Blogsters,

Two blogs in two days...your literary cup literally runneth over!

How come the temperature at football grounds seems to be 10c colder than the outside world....

I'm sure there's a reason.

It is even colder if the team you go and see loses!

I went to see Hednesford Town play in the Unibond League Cup for my sins. The Pitmen crashed out of the after Woodley Sports scored two second half goals.

At least there was no extra time (they don't DO replays in this cup) so we could get to the warmness of the car soon after the end of the match...

The Hednesford manager is called Mr Starbuck - why isn't there a commercial tie-in there?

To make things worse I kept getting texts from friends at other games whose sides were all doing well....Let's just pray Villa get a result against Man U tomorrow!

An old uni friend, Emma, got in touch this week. I haven't heard from her in years and guess where her family is from....WIDNES!

As they say 'small world...but I wouldn't want to paint it!'

Wish me luck for my long trip up to Newcastle to see my cunsultant after work on Monday....

5 Comments:

  • At 1:29 am, Blogger It's Her said…

    I thought I would say hello there, I have been reading your blog for a good while. Fellow transplant patient here(!)..I am glad to see that things are going so well for you, its lovely to hear of transplant patients doing cool!

    I'm not sure, but I *may* have seen a newspaper article on you up on 27a, you were sitting on an exercise bike?? If not, nevermind! Good luck with your appointment. I'll look for updates! Take care, Rosie, xx

     
  • At 8:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rosie...guilty as charged!

     
  • At 2:26 pm, Blogger It's Her said…

    Ah ha! My ms Marple skills have passed the test once again! When I first read your blog ages ago, I had a sense of deja vous!

    Anyway I'm glad everything is going well for you, and hope everything was ok yesterday!

     
  • At 12:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mark guess who xxxx

     
  • At 10:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if any1 reads this who has heard from mark lately please could they let me no as im exreamly worried about him thanks xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home