Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Paul Simon's Plaque


Hello,

Apologies for not writing much for a few days. It’s been hectic in Mark-ville..Oh the life of a media mogul eh!?

At the weekend I ventured to Warrington (about 8 minutes away by train). Widnes Station is where Paul Simon is rumoured to have written Homeward Bound.

Warrington was full of charity muggers, good cheap shops and shellsuits!

As a later encyclopaedia of rock put it: “It was whilst waiting for the milk train on Widnes Station, after a local folk club gig in 1965, that Paul Simon - yearning to be back in Londom in the arms of his beloved Kathy - began writing Homeward Bound.”

Then virtually unknown, Paul Simon spent four nights here, perrforming at the Howff Folk Club. His next stop was to be in Hull. (Poor bloke....I bet he was yearning to be anywhere else!)

I looked for 'the plaque' (pictured) – but not wanting to look like a train spotter didn’t look too hard! The only plaque I could see was on a dodgy teenagers teeth...

On the health front. My body doesn’t seem to be rejecting the lungs any more than they were last week….I seem to have stabilised. (see previous posts!)

I am still having problems with my GP not seeming to want to prescribe drugs ordered by my consultant….Ho hum….

I have went to a health centre to take some photos for a press release and met up with a cool sports development officer who seems to be really pro-active (and a friend of someone I vaguely knew and remember as being cute at school – if that makes sense!).

I REALLY miss going to the gym and she is going to try and get me fit enough to start going again. Lets defy these doctors eh?

I tried to go swimming on Sunday – but the pool was scutty and full of kids. I am going to try again tonight after work – if I can avoid the plasters on the floor…

MUSIC: The Good, The Bad and The Queen,
Nick Cave - The Good Son
Email me by CLICKING
See my pics CLICK
Hear my choooons CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home