Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bhangra beats and a Singh song!

Hello folks,

Last Friday saw the 16 brave men and true (and Simon!) embark on the annual lads weekend away. It was a cricket tour - but this year with no cricket (go figure!)

What goes on tour stays on tour of course - but Weston-super-Mare certainly knew we arrived....

Afer going to bed at about 3.30am on Sunday morning I had to be up before 6am to drive to Wolverhampton for Ak's wedding...

I had to stop at every service station for a toilet break. lol. But I enjoyed sunrise on the M5 - It almost looked beautiful...(Steady on!)

It was a traditional Sikh ceremony (pictures of me in my garb to follow) - plenty of temple food and sitting crossed legged for a long time..

I got told off for pointing my feet at the holy book....

Ak married Marta (a Spanish Catholic) and the costumes were amazing. I hadn't realised how good looking Sikh girls are...lol....

I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen for years (Marta's friends) - We all used to knock around Walsall together in about 1996/7...Most hadn't changed.

Fermin is still the most energetic Spanish bloke I will ever meet!

We had the drummers and the Bhangra beats and the whole event was fabulous. But by 5.30pm I was so tired and drove back to mum's in Staffordshire and fell asleep...

The next day I went on a mission to find a valet for my car - unsuccessful and met up with Vickie and Grace for lunch and B+J for tea - Then went back to Halton - unpacked and slept some more....

Tonight Kay (who I haven't seen in years) is coming to dinner... So must get home early and tidy the house...

Oh yes....I have put some more pics on Facebook...And yes that was me trying to play a banjo in the Mercury newspaper - like the hat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home