Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Whiskey in the Jar



Hello Bloggettes,

Unusual pic eh? It was one of Katrin taken a couple of weeks ago - on the cricket pitch in Cannock Wood (but don't worry lads, we weren't on the square)..

I almost played cricket today. Since the rejection I haven't been able to run so I would just be standing in slips or something - but it would have been a psychological steop forward - But Gaz got the dates wrong and had me in the team for NEXT week... Well it's another excuse fo coming back to Staffs and drinking I suppose!

I must work out how NOT to be totally whacked by Sunday though - I need to dins NRG from somewhere- Can one bid for it on eBay??

How is it going? Another Sunday evening and doing anything to avoid unpacking after a long weekend away - so am even updating the blog...Gosh I must be bored eh?

Thanks for the emails - glad some of you listened in to hear me on Radio Merseyside - I have yet to hear it as it was live and I didn't get to the ISDN line in time to record it as well...

On Thursday I thought I had a doctors' appointment to discuss my latest blood tests - I know they will be odd results as instead of taking my insulin and not taking my cyclosporin - I did it the wrong way round.....But I arrived and they were shut...Bah!

Thursday after work I packed and set off back to sunny Staffordshire- spent some quality time with Perdy (well one has to doesn't one) and ate real food...

On the Friday I met up with Dan in Walsall (Dan is a press officer (like what I do!) at Walsall Council (like where I used to work) and we 'did lunch'...

When we were journalists we met for drinks at lunchtimes but PR officers 'do lunch'..lol

I wandered around Walsall and asked a loads of places about new mobile phone contracts - bizarrely '3' - who I am with now - wouldn't let me keep the same number...So they are OUT!

In the evening Ian came round and we drank whiskey and talked cricket and music.....

On Saturday I 'did' Stafford - I had some investments that were maturing so went to the Britannia but they couldn't see me til 1.30pm - so had two hours shopping first....

It's that new mortgage time and if I want to 'expand my portfolio' ie but a house in this area - I need to find a good deal....

In the evening was former neighbours' diamond wedding anniversary (60 years!) at the Park Gate...Walked there and back and in the last two days clocked up 10,000 and 9,000 steps on my pedometer.

But, as usual, I felt it on Sunday - not event a triple-CD Goth anthology could keep me from feeling wasted....

MUSIC: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Damned, Laibach, Front 242
BOOK: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - Andrew Collins

PS: The Pogues have cancelled their Lichfield gig...Bah
PPS: Those cheating Scousers won...Bah Bah

1 Comments:

  • At 11:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tony Wilson alas is no more, a true legend and a tw@t but in a nice away

     

Post a Comment

<< Home