Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, August 17, 2007

Owlin' mad PR officer


Bloggettes,

How be ye? Well I thought if I put my job title on the top of this blog I would more likely to get more hits - and I bet it works.

I have just got back from 'thee Asda' - Friday night shopping is strange. I thought the supermarket would be empty - but it seems to be quite a social occasion - very bizarre. Hmmmm. I suppose it is safer than the nightlife..

I am now drinking Guiness, watching Midsomer Murders with the sound off, listening to the Grinderman album and chatting on MSM - how middle aged I have suddenly become!

Press officer life is busy this week (as ever) - with the usual press enquiries to deal with, statements to put out and the usual of getting as much free publicity for events coming up and things the council is doing, without having to pay for advertising....

It has been a hard week to get much stuff out this week as so many people are off - holiday central. And not long til I go to the Suffolk cottage with Sarah.

We are going to book ourselves into a spa day and get pampered for the day down there.....

Anyway, Fridays are odd as the papers are winding down for the weekend so there are fewer enquiries and its just really spent getting background to stuff I want to push next week.

I suppose in the the days before councils had PR departments officers would be tied up for hours on press enquiries and not get their normal jobs done...

It is hard to imagine a council not having a website now isn't it?

Inside Halton - our magazine which goes to all residents is also about to go to the printers.

One of the more pleasant things I had to do this week was take some pictures of some birds of prey at a Runcorn school....Fantastic creatures... (the birds, not the kids!)

I have been continuing with the exercise - despite feeling a bit run down this week. I feel much better if I do go swimming or play table tennis.....

But by the end of the week (ie now) feel like death warmed up...Tell me a solution...

Talking of medical matters I had to have blood taken this week - I had to not eat or drink for 12 hours beforehand...

Then had blood taken and had to walk to the post office and post it to Newcastle myself...

I got some strange looks when I went in and asked for an envelope to post off some blood.... Shocked some poor pensioners in the queue!

Well no rest for the wicked - Time for more coffee - Fridays drag! Busy weekend ahead which I will fill you all in on next week.

Pixie Luv!



Boo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home