Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, September 17, 2007

'Fete' accompli!













Hello folks,



(Some of those holiday pics as some of you can't seem to get the link to work!)

It's been a busy one. I seem to lurching from one busy weekend to another...On Saturday was Cannock Wood and Gentleshaw' 'Country Fayre' - It was a tremendous success.

Stalls and events included morris dancers, jazz band, tombola, Mr Blobby and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!


It was sunny and the bar was open at midday...cider flowed and yours truly and the cricket crew got a bit wasted....

So much so I got roped into some morris dancing and had my photo taken by the local paper - trying to play a banjo! In the evening there was barn dance - nuff said!


On Sunday I tried to have an alcohol free day - but ended up in the pub watching the Grand Prix with the usual suspects...

Then in the evening Caroline and I went to see Erasure and the Wolverhampton Civic. Fantastic (as they always are!) but it meant I didn't get back to Widnes til well past midnight....

Well done to The Brindley our little theatre which was honoured live on TV - winning Best Arts Project in the UK at The National Lottery Awards 2007...Hurray!
It just goes to prove if we give something enough PR it catches on...It is a relief after all the plugging we gave it....

This week got back in touch with a couple of old (well not THAT old lol) friends, including the lovely Kay - a fellow nomad who now lives in Llandudno....xx

I have also arranged to meet my long lost cousins in Chester....

Well folks I will see some of you in Weston-super-Mare and others of you at Akbal's wedding...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home