Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Blists Hill posse


Hi Bloggettes,
Firstly -I will put the pics from my weekend on the site during the week - patience!

Well it has all been very busy in Mark mansions this week - Workwise if it wasn't gypsies it was the proposed incinerator and if it wasn't that it was Halton's teenage hero.. Publicity is go go.

See - it is ALL happening in Halton...(plug, plug)

It is interesting watching how stories we initiate break, develop and take on a new life of their own.....Very 'organic' - like famers selling dirt-ridden potatoes to townies for twice as much as usual.... There are similarities here!

The public meeting over the plans for INEOS was interesting - more interesting was the view of some of the media that WE control the outcome - despite my statements and releases. Ho hum.

Talking of PR - just finished Max Clifford's book - what an arrogant man...
I had a drink with Steve Kelly from the World on Friday - which was good... Hope he survived the festival in Manchester this weekend.

On Saturday - after my physio at the stadium - I picked up Caroline and we headed for a weekend in rural Shropshire.

Of course I got half was to hers in Sandbach and realised I hadn't got my bank card - M6, M62, M62, M6 and I was back on track...

We got to Holiday Inn in Telford at about 2.30pm and got changed for Dave and Sue's wedding. They live in Ironbridge and got married on their lawn..

It was a 'humanist' ceremony - very interesting and in a lovely setting.... Saw people I knew like Tony and Sarah Moran and Diane Davies..... and met new people too...

Our taxi didn't come so we walked over the bridge and eventually got one from outside a hotel.

Ho hum... The air con in the room didn't work so we had to have the window open and a dog seemed to bark all night...

Was going to go the hotel gym in the morning - but I didn't . Bed was too comfy! We did have a big breakfast - we could have eaten for hours....

The sun was scorching so it seemed a shame to go home so we went to the Victorian Village at Blists Mill... Traditional shops and people in the same vein as the Black Country Museum..

But of course although both Midlands attractions beat the hell off anything they have up north or down south, the Black Country Museum is better in my opinion...
Well. off to steam some fish (and that is not euthanism!)
A bientot...
Read my review of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs EP CLICK
Contact me on the interweb thingy! CLICK

3 Comments:

  • At 7:25 pm, Blogger starlight_dancer said…

    I'm not getting how I befriend people on blogger yet... do I have to leave a message on yours?

     
  • At 11:19 am, Blogger Mark said…

    Hiya Sparkly Sarah, I think one just leaves a message - I didn't know you could be 'friends' on this thing....(But I suppose since we are friends in real life and on Facebook and Myspace we should make it a full set!) x

     
  • At 11:21 am, Blogger Mark said…

    It won't let me look at your blog by the way from cliking from your name - I think you have to enable it in 'settings'... x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home