Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Reunion and Rufus


Hello Folks,

Short boring one this time I'm afraid...

It has been a busy couple of weeks - hence no blogging!

I went to a posh house-warming in Salford Quays the other Saturday - followed by meeting my long, lost cousins near Chester.

The do was good - great food and hosts and interesting people.... Lovely place they have - Gosh how the other half live - I need to

The following weekend was the Express & Star reunion in Wolverhampton - stayed over in Great Barr...

We all had little labels with our names and years we worked there written on - It was good to catch up with old colleagues...Pity about the rugby though.


Medics have been annoying me as usual. I went for a blood test (which I needed to physically send to Newcastle) and the nurse in Widnes had no needles left!

I had to queue with all the old sick people outside a former cinema on a freezing Monday morning.

I went to Heartlands Hospital (180 mile round trip) to start on a nebuliser which they hadn't got in - I have to be back there for 8am another day!

Docs were pessimistic as usual - but that's their job.

Caroline and I went to see Rufus Wainwright in Warrington on my birthday yesterday - It was an amazing gig - he played for two-and-a-half hours - And we had a support act.

Halton Borough Council has been in the news for all the right reasons with our GCSE results being the best improved in the country and the opening of a brand new eco visitors centre.

Still working hard and playing harder. Not been feeling too good of late - but I have been doing too much, sleeping too little....

After this week is over - normality may return!

PS: Thanks for all the pressies - especially the mini bar and those HMV tokens....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home