Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, November 09, 2007

Zambia, Zimbabwe and Albania

Hello Bloggettes,

Well what is new.... It has been a busy one. Last weekend I went to Sarah's mum's for Sunday lunch (Leeds) - nice to get out of Widnes (as it always is!)

Then on Monday we had the 'excitement' of Halton's fireworks - and crap X Factor losers Eton Road - The display was excellent, the band less so.

I met up with Precious (my Zimbabwian friend) and her Zambian friend Mandy in Liverpool on Wednesday night which was interesting... We went to Lloyd Bar in Bold Street..

What is it about Scousers and dressing up? We saw nuns, dalmations and smurfs - on a Wednesday night...

I got in early and went to a pub called the Old Rope Walk for a drink and got talking to some of the cast from a panto - oh yes I did!

The big news is I have got back in contact with Era my gorgeous Albanian friend who I knew when we were both students in Holland back in 1992...

Her dad is a film maker and I found his website and got in contact throuh him... She sent me a pic and she is just as lovely as when I remember her..

She works for the International Organisation for Migration..

The last time I saw her was in Amsterdam, briefly, about 10 years ago.... Anyway.... is if wasn't for the internet these sort of contacts wouldn't be possible...

Well...kettle on

1 Comments:

  • At 3:24 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    PS: Trying to upload some photos but having PC probs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home