Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, July 21, 2008

H208 and nights out late








Hello Folks,
ALMOST 25,000 seperate hits on the blog now! Many thanks!

Well it has been a busy time in Mark towers..

We had the H208 festival a fortnight ago (see http://www.h208.co.uk/) with a range of activities including It's A knockout, some great bands, free falling, extreme sports and displays from our twin towns...

It was two days hard work - but ended in a pub crawl, which helped ease the aching feet!

I was set to have worked 12 days in row - but we had two days of strike last week, which borke it up. I had never been on strike before.. (bless) so was looking forward to it..
On the Wednesday my friend Wendy and her little 'un Sophia came over and we went to Crosby beach to take in the air and look at the statues.... Kids love beaches don't they...

In the evening mum came up from Staffordshire and we went for an Indian meal. The waiter remembered us from the last time she came down - I was very impressed..

On the Thursday it was pouring with rain - All these UNISON members with time on our hands and stuck with daytime TV and Speke Retail Park.

This weekend I went to Walsall on Saturday to meet Sarah for lunch at The Wharf 10 - Where Akbar and I used to hang out. Then to the New Art Gallery where the lift voice is Noddy Holder.

It was the 18th of a sister of a friend and I ended up in Reef Bar covered in glitter and stars (thanks Aimee for that!) - Another 3am finish...

Good to see us oldies staying out to the bitter end eh? Now dreading seeing the pics on Facebook.

I still have The Proclaimers in my head - LET THEM OUT PLEASE!

A Bientot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home