Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, May 16, 2008

Decayed seaside glamour


Hello Blogettes,

How is it going in the real world? Cyber Mark has been full of cold and stayed in last weekend - but by Sunday I had cabin fever and needed to get out...

(As well as the fact I had been eating so much garlic, onions and fruit and needed to escape the kitchen!)

I hit Crosby and saw all those statues on the beach - the place is only about 30 minutes away from me and is gorgeous - lots of clean sand and cool water...

The sun was shining and despite feeling grotty I enjoyed wandering along the beach..

By Wednesday I was feeling better and met Rebecca for out dose of decayed seaside glamour - We like hitting these places...

We posed by the Eric Morcambe statue and explained to some Canadians who he was (and got them to pose in front of it too!)

It was nice to get away from the football (one can O.D on it) and we found a pub of lesbians - who didn't seem to mind us being there...

Chish and fips by the sea is compulsory while one scans the horizon for drowning cockle pickers...

Urban splash is developing the Midland Hotel there - very art deco - But it overlooks a real shabby fairground..... Not even tacky, just drab....

Had my first session of reflexology this week..... Very relaxing... I need it with the busy weeks ahead - just a few days now til the award ceremony...

MUSIC: BWO, Vampire Weekend, Army of Lovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home