Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I did it Otttt----way!


Hello,

Well well well...busy couple of weeks (as ever!)

Sky3 came to film me last week fo the awards and a show to be broadcast in June - very tiring. I interviewed in the office AND at the gym - did whole morning of stuff - plenty of stuff for the programme methinks.

They did some unusual camera angles and even filmed me on EVERY spin bike - which they will spice together to make it look as if I am on all at once.

Thanks for the emails about the transplant games - I have decided to compete (I wasn't sure - especially after the rejection episodes...My body just doesn't seem to like my new lungs) And the new meds are making me tired...

Oooh- I had a good night out near Northwich with my friend Sherrie and a snail called Brian (long story) and saw a great John Ottway gig in Lichfield... (He did it Ottttt-waaaay) with Ian and Dave (although I was driving so was sober - bah!)

Since then work has been busy - everyone seems to be finishing off their Job Evaluation appeals...and of course the Superlambananas...(How cute?!)

We have been busy promoting the National Year of Reading stuff as well as the normal pieces - so its has been both hands to the deck for me...

Health wise hasn't been too good this week.... Felt a bit shite on the way back from Northwich and I have been needing a lay in instead of swimming before work...

But I did manage to go to circuits on Monday and am hoping to get back into the swing of things tonight....

It is depressing though when things are not 100 per cent...

I went to an appointment at Heartlands in Brum last week and my lung capacity is down on my Newcastle level, so annoying with the hard work I have put in...

They are going to try and change my hospital so I can go to Manchester instead - much closer and more convenient...

What is in the air at the moment - about three friends have split with their long-term boyfriends already this month - Spring clear-out? All good news for us single people! lol

Well.....I had better get back to work... No rest for the wicked!

(PS: Superlambanana - I want one!)

MUSIC: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Killers, My Chemical Romance

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there Mark
    With CF month approaching we are keen to highlight the cause and those living with it. Congrats on being shortlisted as a Finalist in the Breathing Life Awards which I read about on your site .. I thought this would be a brill story and having read your poetry and accounts of your life to date I think it would be fantastic if you would agree to speak to the communications dept at heartlands. If you will please confirm with me I will put you in contact with them. My email is lynne.gumery@heartofengland.nhs.uk.
    I hope you feel you can help with Pics, photos, articles,,,,,,, you will be once again both paparazzi and star!!!!

    All the best and hope to see you at the CF awards...........

    Take care,Lynne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home