Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Me, Natalie Imbruglia and Phil Tufnell






Hello folks! As you can see I had an amazing time mixing with the celebs in London for the Breathing Life Awards...... Sarah, Mum and I met in a cafe near Edgware Road tube station and we went to the Hilton Metropole, where we were staying...

We started with champagne in our rooms and so many gifts from the sponsors before we were shown to our tables - Sarah and I nipped out to see the celebs arrive..

Gail Porter, mountaineer Alan Kinkes OBE and Tiffany (a gorgeous showbiz reporter) were on our table... Natalie Imbruglia was on the next one. Phil Tufnell, Biggins, JK and Joel, Janet Ellis, Carol Smilie, Ben Shephard etc were all nearby...

The event was films by Sky and was very glitzy - The wine flowed and flowed...

I came runner-up but who cared? My film was shown live and Gail Porter gave me a mention on stage (bless her, and how lovely?)

Natalie Imruglia came over to chat - I know her big sister - and we were comparing pics on our phones and laughing in no time...

Phil Tufnell was a star and had a word with me. Actually called ME and inspiration! How strange does that feel? Very strange!

I went over to talk to Bill Bryson because I am a fan and have read most of his books....

After the show there was chance to mingle further at a cocktail reception thing afterwards - the wine kept flowing....

By the next day I was glad Sarah and I ordered breakfast in our rooms... Walking around Oxford Street and Regent Street the next day was a bit of a blur..and hot.

It was a couple of days I wouldn't forgot.... In fact a week not to forget as on the Tuesday before I went I was a judge on Halton's Got Talent and the Saturday after I came back was Julia's b'day BBQ..... Mark is not drinking for a few days...honest

I will love you and leave you now......detox time! xxx

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr A you certainly scrubbed up well and very dapper

    Has Natalie filed for a restraining order

    You are still a winner matey and an inspiration

    Mr F

     
  • At 1:35 am, Blogger Savidge Reads said…

    You so deserved all this young man... loved the photos and the tales, and damn right Gail Porter should mention you... Sx

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heh big boy why haven't you called since last week, i thought we were geting on so well

    natalie
    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home