Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

More from Natalie and the Transplant Games


Hiya Bloggettes!


The last couple of weeks have been eventful – as always! My health is ok.. It was great last week but not so good since the antibiotics finished.

The previous weekend my friend got egged in St Helens (its no yolk!) and we had the worst ever curry (They can’t do curry in the Merseyside)

On Friday I met my friend Caroline with the view of going to the cinema in Crewe. We spent too long at a country pub.

My food was lovely, and the only film showing which didn’t finish before 2.30am was Love Guru!

Despite crap reviews we risked it and actually enjoyed it! Got back at ridiculous o’clock though!

We are arranging a spa day soon. Bliss!

On Saturday I started at the gym (only a week before the Transplant Games) and then drove to Cannock Wood.

I met up with Jo in the evening in Wolvo and went to a Cuban bar before hittng a balti house in Wombourne. They just can’t do curry in Merseyside!

Wine and coffee and a trip back and woke up in Cannock Wood with a lethargy which only comes after alcohol.

How come I feel crap on Sunday all the time – so may as well have a reason for it.

Met up with the usual suspects for a pint at the Park Gate – we haven’t all met up for a while.. Watched the Grand Prix – but I was on Diet Coke.

Am at a loss on Sundays since not playing cricket anymore…

After the pub, still felt tender so had massive latte at motorway services on way home – Hmmm didn’t help!

Had message from Carla Imbruglia on Facebook saying her sister actually remembered me and thought I was funny….

Can’t believe I actually made an impression on the Natster…

Thursday to Sunday I am at the Transplant Games in Sheffield – I am entering the table tennis, but also the snooker and volleyball for fun..

So its every evening in the gym before that for me!

Everything is sorted. Got a house-sitter, meeting friends up there and hoping to enjoy the city I used to live in…

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home