Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Cold comforts


Hiya Bloggettes, Its been a manic one as usual - not helped by the face I am just getting over a cold, which as always, went to my chest...


People are insistent on giving me infections before I am fully recovered from the previous one - so my lungs never get back to previous level...


I am trying to exercise through this one - but failing miserably! Anyway - just a short one - dividing my non-work time between Widnes and Barnsley.... Can almost understand the northerners now.. Almost....
The pic is from my birthday weekend, which involved lots of eating, pub crawl, lazing about and watching Villa thrash Wigan.. Happy daze


2 Comments:

  • At 9:22 am, Blogger Anne said…

    Hi there,
    I'm from Sweden and have Alpha antitrypsin deficiency. Not on the waiting list yet but last FEV1 wasn't too great...
    Just curious - haven't Your Drs discussed a retransplant? Or do they consider you too healthy?
    in Sweden we have a huge lack of organs due to the government not wanting to use organs from people dying of differrent heart complications. It's something to do with ethics(sp??) but I can't seem to agree with them. Use all the organs you can, I would say.

    Love
    Anne, 38 years old and a mother of two small children

     
  • At 2:28 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Hiya - No, they haven't discussed a re-transplant yet. Hope to delay that for a while... There is a similar problem with organs in the UK...We have an opt-in system where it is presumed organs are not to be used unless people carry a card, even then relatives can overrule...They are talking about changing to an opt-out system - but it is a moral debate here too! Hope you are well. x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home