Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, December 22, 2008

Escape!

Hello Bloggettes, Well I am home. I got back to Widnes about an hour ago!

They couldn't pin down what the nasty virus was - just that it has a rating of 97 (??!!) when I went in and was less than 1 by the last blood test - which means the IVs did their job...

The effect of not being in the outside world and feeling institutionised was worse than I thought - I went upstairs to start to unpack and ended up just laid out on the bed exhausted.

I will be able to eat normal food and not have to ask nurses every time I want toast (a healthy evening snack apart from toast is unheard of in there)..

The cafe shuts at 4.20pm and the hospital has no bank machine...The nurses asked EVERY DAY why I wasn't taking a certain medication - which the docs had stopped two days after I arrived.

I was onkly taken for walks by physios twice in two weeks - good job I had my own motivation.

SO at least now I am not a slave to IV antibiotics and will slowly get back to normal. It is going to be a busy few days with all the people to catch up with and pressies to give out etc..

At least I won't awake to the sound of people carrying their piss pots to the loo to empty them or being stabbed for blood in the early hours....

Oh the festival joy. Whiskey o clock xx

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good to see you are out and about, let me know of you yule movements (not bowel) so we can catch up, looking like i'm about on 27th

     
  • At 11:31 am, Blogger Anne said…

    Nice to see that you're home! Hospitals are never a dream. I hope your Christmas holidays turns out as good as they can.
    I think you're a brave man - personally I don't think I would dare to travel Asia After a lung transplant - you're in my thoughts.

    Love
    Anne in Sweden

     
  • At 5:08 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Anne - thanks matey. But I travelled to Asia BEFORE my double lung transplant... I think it would be foolhardy to do so afterwards - especially with the reduced lung capacity following the rejection x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home