Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital

Hello Folks,

I am writing to you from a hospital bed - hmmm. Yep. I went youth hostelling in darkest Wales and ended up with a chest infection and fever in darkest Liverpool. I am now dark.

The cottage we stayed at seemed to have just one coal fire to heat the whole place. I just couldn't get warm and suffered.

A weekend in bed and when I sturggled to get to my hospital out patients I knew I was going to be in for a while - ironic as I was only saying last week I have had no sick leave since starting my job two years ago - time to make up for it eh?

My sats have now rised from 90 to 95 per cent on air and I am starting to walk about a bit more. But hospital habits die hard (with a vengence)

The diatician orders me snacks every day, which have gone to someone else every day except one (I have been here more than a week now..)

Meds come too late. IVs too late (I am attached to IV antibiotics) - It is ALMOST as bad as Heartlands (not quite THAT bad, glad to never go back to that hell hole!)...

They come to take blood just as lunch arrives and you have to buzz for all your meds - which should be at your bed surely at the right time...

I am really hoping to be out my Christmas... A bientot x

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thoughts with you mate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home