Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, June 04, 2009

North and South (via Germany - kind of!)


Hello Folks,

How goes it in the land of t'inerweb? Its been another busy one in Mark-ville... Still househunting, still no success... Not found the perfect Mark abode - yet, but I will...

I am having a look at a couple more on Saturday.... Wish me luck...

What has been happening.. I met Caroline for a Japanese/Chinese meal a couple of weeks back and we are about the only ones in the place - very surreal...

Then the next day I went to Lancaster to see Miss Fuller (the talented one!) - Involved a long traffic jam on the M6 - but it was worth it..

We wandered around campus (gosh, its a long time since I had done that!) and went to a party, which involved Wii playing and various card and non-card games..

One of which I won - more by luck than judgement... and I created an empire - so to speak...

The next day we went to the church Bekah goes to. A very charismatic affair with a Nigerial preacher... A lot of speaking in tongues... I wanted it to move me... but it didn't...

Last weekend was Kirsty's wedding down in Surrey (where the people think Watford is 'up north') - I had a complimentary Indian head massage and facial when I arrived..

Then my artist friend Sarah L met up with me and we had cider and caught up (I hadn't seen her since another wedding a couple of years before - we joke our lives are like a famous film.. Two Weddings gone - just two more and a funeral (eek) left..

The wedding do was good. Erik and I supped a lot of wine and we met a very cute German barmaid called Lydia - who was even cuter when I was sober earlier....

The journey back was a nightmare - It took me six hours by train....On one of the hottest days of the year - At least Runcorn Station car park worked this time and I wasn't stranded...

Work has been manic.. People don't seem to understand that we just publicise events for people. Any problems with the events the public seem to want to have a go at us!

With Halton's Got Talent2, Carers' Week, new drug initiatives and a range of other stuff going on - I am working very hard at the moment... Pity the big bosses at Halton never read this...

Well, healthwise I am ok at the moment.. Still doing at least 6 exercise activities a week...Normally three lots of swim/walking, table tennis and gym...and one circuit class..

I have check-ups up in Newcastle, Liverpool and Widnes in the next few weeks.. And Transplant Games in Coventry coming up.... Wish me luck...

Anyway.....Just walked down and voted... Did I vote for the right party? I hope L.W likes the book I promised her and everything in all your gardens in rosy...

A bientot..
MARK




1 Comments:

  • At 5:12 pm, Blogger B & H said…

    Mark,

    it's been a long long time i don;'t know where ot start but after a lot of googling / facebooking here u r. it's one of my big regrets as a kid that most of the mix tapes u sent me have gotten chewed up or lost. there was so much amazing music u turned me on to. i met momus last october in berlin, he did a performance / art project at an event i organized, super awesome it was to hang out with him.

    me-- i left blighty in 1998 for the states. and i'm still here. i live in Chicago, art career has worked out in many ways for me, right now i'm out of work, like everyone in the USA i think, but hopefully things will pickup.

    some websites of mine / ours www.tomburtonwood.com and www.burtonwoodandholmes.com

    i'm sorry to hear / read about all your troubles, i think we started to lose touch last time when you were traveling in oz. i found one of your old letters about a week ago and with your old address mananged to get google to comply, finally. anyhow please email me and let's talk / swap stories some more, i'm on skype user tburtonwood and my email is tburtonwood@gmail.com

    best wishes

    tom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home