Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, June 22, 2012

Knee-dy Times and MJ

Bloggettes!

Well the week started like any other week (does this sound like a dodgy American private eye film?) - My friend Jane was coming on Thursday evening and we were going for food and a spa the next day.

My knee was a little painful (I had thought I had slept funny on it) - And I was limping - I couldn't have the back massage (doubt if I could get into that position)...

The next day my friend Sarah came up from Windsor - we were going to Chester Rocks... But I was in agony..  She had done me a painting of the Fiddler's Ferry Power Station and I took her to an Indian at it's base - near Warrington... But the waiter had to help lift me into the car!!!

On the Saturday I had to ask  Sarah to take me to A&E - and we spent a day there before being sent home with painkillers...

But I had to return on Sunday (made sure I had my medication and over night bags) - and they did an emergency operation that night - Apparently it was affected with gout...

I was let out just in time for the England game on Monday. Tuesday I worked from home and went into the office on Wednesday...

On Thursday I decided to throw away the crutches as I was due in London for the MJ Awards - and we were up for Best Achieving Council and Best Shared Services...

(This is like the Local Government Oscars) - It was good and I got back tonight....(limping a tad)

As a local govt press/PR officer we have to put up with a lot and it was nice to be recognised...

The only problem is - I have three days before I am due to fly out to compete in the European Transplant Games in Apeldoorn in Holland.... And I don't know how long I can dose up on painkillers...

I am desperate to join Team GB and try and retain my titles.. But who knows.... I have a medical on Monday to see if I can compete - as the local press say - 'Mark is in a fight against time'

A Bientot

Now to try and sort out my transport and accommodation for London 2012!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home