Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Popes and Rainbows

Bloggedears,

What a week eh? Pope dies, Pope buried, Longbridge goes bust, Charles gets married, Grand National run and won (yey!) and you get to read my blog.....does it get much busier?

After the re-enactment of the plaque dedication ceremony for Dad on Tuesday is was in the Express and Star on Wednesday and The Post on Thursday....

Bizarrely it was not in the Mercury or The Chronicle, despite me doing a weekly piece for The Mercury and the Chronicle calling me up about the story...ho hum

I must be losing my media touch....

The BBC Claire didn't get my e-mail until after the event. That will teach me to be lazy and not use the phone! Note to self - *be proactive!*

I would put links to the stories, but when I do that it seems to totally mess-up the layout of the blog.

Anyone who can explain why and a solution or wants me to forward the scanned copy of the story, please e-mail me!

(It's a damn arty picture in the Star, but my head looks strange...perhaps I look like that?!!!)

There's a lot of village politics over who was invited to the ceremony (or more like who wasn't)...Luckily I didn't arrange the (lack of) guest list...NOT GUILTY Y'HONOUR!

Anyway, I had a nice evening as I got a call from a friend who I hadn't heard from in months and its always nice when that happens isn't it?

It snowed and hailed on Thursday......is that meant to happen in April?

I got a Sex Pistols and a Nelly Furtado album out from the library...I love the Sid Vicious verosn of My Way which is played in the trailors for Cassanova at the moment...

I hit Brownhills market on Saturday (and the wind hit me!) and came back with six albums, including QOTSA, Daft Punk, Athlete and Basement Jaxx. So my musical cup runethover!

My novelty purchases for the day were an Inspiral Carpets CD single (which will be heading Matt's way in some form soon!) and some St George's Day cards.

I had dinner at Mr and Mrs S's house (the Victoria from 'a tale of two Vickies') She told me our old office in Stafford has taken on loads more reporters, a features writer and sub....I only hope they can find enough stories to keep them busy.

*Did anyone see the double rainbow on Wednesday evening?.....It was the only time I saw something beautiful when leaving Lichfield College!

*We won on the National, but also picked three donkeys so probably haven't gained much!

*If you go into Holland and Barrett in Lichfield say hello to Miss J!

Music: Rufus Wainwright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home