Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, April 24, 2005

St George and the Ghostbusters

Hiya Blogettes,

Sorry for my lack of scribblings this week but we have had visitors most days...J and B came early in the week (lovely sweater - he he) and Mr and Mrs D Thursday to Sunday.

I took refuge from all the blanket Papal coverage on TV to go to Lichfield, where I got rained and hailed on....is that some divine comedy?

I found myself pressed to the wall at Dr Johnson's Birthplace Museum to avoid the downpour, much to the humour of the staff at Holland and Barratt!

Spent great night in 'the doghouse' with Mr S....He makes a mean meat sandwich too (no that's not an euphonism!) He even has a real dog, who stayed in the house...irony lost on a Staffordshire Bull Terrier..

Mr S once held a mic on stage for Ozzy Osbourne.....how cool is that? Answer = very.

It was the St George's Day party at the Park Gate this Saturday...lots of food and drink was scoffed and the great man toasted many a time.

A big hello to the people from Hull (Hell? Hole?) who came along after seeing their side getting thumped by Walsall!

There seems to be a new waitress at the PG...always a bonus. I wondered why Mr W and his brother-in-law were facing towards the bar when I found them!

I got a call on Friday from a lady who is a real life Ghostbuster and has found Cannock Wood (our little village) is on a pshychic fault-line...How Buffy-esque is that?

They have discovered working windmill noises at the disused windmill and strange lights in the village hall among other thing....

I have put a little bit in this week's Mercury about it but want to do a feature on these people. Talking of the Mercury they finally gave a good show to the pavilion story and printed a pic of mum and I next to my story.

Unfortunately we didn't get a Mercury delivered.....I went in to complain and despite doing the village news for free and NOT having one delivered had to pay for my copy! Go figure.

But the strangest thing happened tonight. I tried to go on the paranormal investigators' website www.navogatortm.com and it crashed my computer....spooky or what?!

It was great to see Mr and Mrs B and young Jessica on Saturday afternoon....We all go back a long way, apart from Jessica as she is just a little 'un!

Mrs B is the oldest of a line of sisters. They always seemed to have visitors on Sunday lunchtimes! Spot a pattern? Happy days....

Oh What A World We Live In - so sang Rufus Wainwright...and he's damn right (see my review at http://www.ciao.co.uk/Member__mark_allen71_5490820

1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 pm, Blogger Harriet said…

    Um, hello, thanks for tha comment, hehe. How yoo foind me blogs...wow a writer, lucky. Hope ya operation go's well when yoo gets it xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home