Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, May 06, 2005

Blood, Sweat and Beers

Bloggettes.

I got up early to do my nebulisers as the nurse was coming test my Tobramycin levels...Apparently too high a dose harms the kidneys and too low is useless.



The idea was to do two blood tests; one before my IVs and one after. However things didn't go to plan....

Despite frequent stabbings my veins didn't want to give up enough blood for her so she left empty-handed.

I went to college and was about to start confusing myself with the web design stuff when there was a fire alarm and we had to stand outside in the cold (Ah memories!)

Then I got a call from a doctor at Heartlands Hospital to say since they could test my Tobramycin levels I should stop taking it after tonight...

I will still inject the horrible 'cat's piss' Keftazidine over the weeked three times a day though....

Then on Monday someone will come out from Birmingham with a replacement anti-biotic. If its one that isn't likely to kill my kidneys then bring it on! :(

It actually got quite warm in the afternoon (hence the sweat part of the title!)and we went into Lichfield via the tip and Viking furniture supplies.

I went into Holland and Barrett and bought some dodgy fruit drink that claims to have no sugar but will rejuvinate the soul (or something like that!)

I really don't go in there because there's a pretty girl serving...honest!

Did you know that one of the South American cardinals tipped to become Pope last month was Cardinal Sicolla.

But we couldn't have a Pope Sicolla could we? Coca Cola would go mad!

We definitely should have had POPE IDOL though and voted for our favourite by text.

Talking of elections. Well done Fabby our favourite maverick Tory. I once went camping (ooer) with him and mountain rescue bods in Kendell. Great fun.

Serously. If I lived in his constituency I would have vote for him because he was very press friendly and has promoted the donor organ register. But I don't.

Good luck with thye kittens Marium....I am sure you will find a good home for them. I am only sorry I can't give one of them a place until after my op.

I stayed up writing a feature on the Ghostbuster lady of Cannock Wood and listening to the election on Radio 4....until I fell asleep.

Luckily I didn't dream of John Prescott in a jam sandwich. I DIDN'T (oooops I protesteth too much!)

PS: The 'beers' part of the title of today's blog will hopefully come very soon - Have I Got News For You needs to be watched with a can...rude not to!

Book: Love and Death, Short Stories
Music: Rufus Wainwright - Want One



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home