Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Dropped PCs and More TV than Mp3!

Bloggsprogs!

Welcome to more of my humble mutterings on nothing in particular.

I got the CD back today I sent to Australia before Christmas - with the wrong address - God bless the Royal Mail.

This is the same Royal Mail (Parcel Force) that delivered a computer given to me by Mrs W-B, that had obviously been droppped from a great height.

Luckily a family friend Mr D (who basically invented the computer system on the London Underground) put it back together again Humpty Dumpty style.

Mum and I have been putting a letter together in support of the design we want on Dad's headstone.....It is taking ages of re-wording and changing...everyhing must be totally right.

A headstone will be there for centuries and is often the only surviving item dedicated to someone for future generations to see. It took mum ages to word it. Now we have to make sure the Masonic image is accepted by the Diocese.

I don't think there will be a problem as Masons meet for services in Lichfield Cathedral!

It turns out The St George's Day do (that was held this year for CF - in memory of dad who started the event two years ago) and G.O.S.H was spnsored by the brewery...so we should get some of the ticket price back for the charities.

I will keep you posted on this one as we only made £90 - to be divided between the causes - on the raffle...and all the pub did was provide the food (for £16 a head!)

The BBC TV people say they are interested in filming my hospital visit next Wednesday (4th) so WATCH THIS SPACE....

Their colleagues at BBC WM by contrast cannot seem to decide what they want from me.

I did them a set of Mp3 diaries, which were edited by Mr M into bite-size chunks...They only used one since my interview. But now want some more....

What I can't understand is why they want more when they haven't used what I gave them the first time yet....There is nothing there that isn't relevant now.

It's like someone asking for more gravy - having no intention of finishing what is on their plate (or something like that!)

I am continuing with my web design at Lichfield College.....but no-one seems to be able to help me if I get stuck...lol

I am off to Mr P's 43rd b'day do tomorrow...so will fill you in on any gossip there gained! I am a little worred as the stairs to the curry house are steep....and probably littered with naan!

Fingers crossed but we MAY have sold the motorcaravan.....to some folk musicians. A deposit has been paid...but lets not count our chickens, tempt fate or do any of the other things we can't do.....

Huggles and snuggles xxxxxx

Music: Rufus Wainwright, Basement Jaxx, Daftpunk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home