Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Spacehoppers and Auntie Beeb

Hello Bloggajobbies,

Well I got a strange delivery this morning...A spacehopper. Apparently I had won a competition at Morrissons/Safeway and won a Heinz Beans Spacehopper, with pump!

Anyone born in the 70s like me will remember these strange 'toys'...Oh what fun we had with them for literally.....minutes...before we got back on our Raleigh Choppers or came off our skateboards to play Kerplunk...

.

I also got a DVD through the post, which I didn't order, so think I must have won that as well from someone....

I do crosswords and stuff while I am doing my nebulisers and sometimes send them off (like the rare times I finish them....) perhaps the good karma is getting me? Perhaps my angel is stirring, luck is changing...?

Just in case any of the the above is happening....I bought two lottery tickets today!

In Lichfield today I ran into Lorna (who used to be Cannock Wood Cricket Club's only groupie way back when!) and Helen, who I knew from my teenage years. The former is married and the latter is divorced if anyone is interested.

Then when I went to the college to paw over web design I bumped into Chris who I knew from my Pastor Rod days (Pasta Rod, is that spaghetti?) Spooooky.

Working backwards (ooer)....Over the Bank Holiday (whoopee!) I went to the car boot sale in Cannock and came away with just......(drum roll) two glow sticks! Mum bought some wooden ducks (don't ask!)

Then the rain came down and everyone wanted to leave at once....We queued for 70 minutes to get out of the field! It was a good job I had plenty of oxygen left in the cylinder!

Seriously though....If we had got the 'call' - God knows how we would have got out! Where were the stewards we paid £1 to to park? surely they could have opened another gate or something? Oh silly me...they had gone HOME!

It's been a money day...I changed some cash around different accounts and found my on-line account had no money in...turned out I had told them to put money in from another account I have...but given them the wrong account number!

The Monty family came round on Sunday and Mr M tried to use part of the PC I got from Mrs W-B to increase the speed of mine (add one of the memory card).. But my PC was not playing ball...and the mission was aborted. :(

Little Oliver seemed fascinated by my ringtones and I am sure he will work at a call centre one day or make music on old Casio keyboards.

It's D-Day tomorrow....The BBC TV people are coming to film me again and I have to go to the hospital for some IVs (and take ALL the bumpf home with me)

They are talking about filming me playing the piano or the bass guitar. The piano keys have chosen to stick annoyingly...particularly the notes near the middle...

I may have to plug an old keyboard into the bass amp or just show them some of my computer compositions on the PC....(I can just click on the mouse and leave it it play itself!)

I am then going to hit the Park Gate in the evening (accompanied by the cameras)...and try not to swear, burp or gawp at a barmaid. (not that I would anyway you understand.)

I hope they find our house at 7am tomorrow (yes they want to see me get up!) as we have no motorcaravan on the drive and new front bay windows since the last time.

"Opposite the stables"!

Happy holiday to BB and JB (the Bates family) who left today....

Music: Matt's Mix CD, Moby 'Hotel', Air 'Virgin Suicides' (Soundtrack)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home