Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, July 29, 2005

Great-grandfather Was A Cricket Star!

Bloggerists!




....Oh how that picture never fails to amuse me!



So we had a tornado in Birmingham yesterday...wow..You only think of those things happening to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz...not Our Dot from Small Heath.

Perhaps it is not coincidence I had a conversation with E.S yesterday about Toto - the band, and the dog. Spooky eh?

Why do people say 'good weather for ducks?' Has anyone ever asked one? Quackers expression...

How are my raindrenched Blogfans today then?

It was visitor central yesterday. H and I came across on their way down South. H was Dad's first girlfriend and I is her man.

Then BB and JB came across and we took them to New Life (cheap clothes place) and Phoenix {cheap oddments place) - not that we are cheap people or anything! lol

We were looking at family photos on the way back...It is weird that I have NO close relations on Dad's side left. How bizarre.

On his dad's side most of them lived to be really really old too. Its just a strange thing. I am the only-son or an only-son of an only-son...what are the chances.

Do I get 7th son of a 7th son-esque powers?

I found out my great-grandfather played England standard cricket for the MCC and was asked to go an an England amateur tour of Australia in the 1920s.

They wanted him to play for Middlesex...But he wouldn't because of the travel involved would have meant leaving his wife for long periods.

He also played for Wealdstone and Tufnell Park football and London Amateurs.

Why didn't any of their skill and expertise get passed down to me?

On a cricket note...I wrote a piece on the Ashes Party which went in The Mercury this week...if you want to look out for it!

Yesterday I wasn't too well. I am always a bit ropey the day after the hospital. I put it down to all the nasty bugs at Heartlands (did you see that documentary?)

But today I was feeling a little better so we went to Lichfield..Gilesport and H&B smiley people weren't there but I did run into Mrs S (as in James, Phil and Claire)

She saw me getting my breath outside Marks and Spencers and presumed I had been shopping there...'When I win the Lottery' I replied....and bought a ticket!

Jo + 5! AND just ONE DAY left until my remix of Erasure's Here I Go Impossible Again appears on the band's official website (July 30th) and I need you ALL to vote for it (Sparky Mix)!

http://www.erasureinfo.com/treasure/comp.html

Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos

(FYI: Beauty salons across Britain are reporting a
drop in profits... now that the Metropolitan Police
are doing Brazilians for nothing...)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 pm, Blogger UnaRocks said…

    Hey man,

    really interesting Blog - hope everything works out for you.

    Stay away from those tornados!

    unarocks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home