Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Munchkins and Medicine


Hi Bloggettes, How is it going this fair morrow? What do you mean it's raining?

Yesterday I had the Cannock experience....uneventful apart from the millions of munchkins celebrating the first week of their school holidays...

Kroptops (named after a German) are fine on people without rolls of fat..girls! And the girl with the ridiculously tight trousers....People were visibly wincing...

We bumped into C.S (my Godmother's daughter) and found her brother's step-daughter-to-be is KW....who apparently knows half of Cannock Wood...lol..So now you know.

Hospital today was as nightmarish as usual. I was up at 7am and the car had to be poacked with overnight things in case we got 'the call' and several hours of oxygen.

My consultant was away and another one saw me (Miss R) and despite my lung capacity rising ever-so-slightly (yet again!) she wanted to change my antibiotics (yet again!)

But this would have meant FIVE sessions of nebulisers a day (4 X 2 drugs which I do at the moment is bad enough)...So after a chat with the physio we reversed!

I wouldn't have time to leave the house! and the exercise I get during the day is probably keeping me well and infection levels stable - could well be saving my life.

The urine test (hope your not having your tea!) I did last time wasn't tested for what they wanted it to be tested for at the lab so I have to repeat that next time.
I also had to have a blood test...(Never a pleasure!)

IF I am still not in Newcastle this time next month my IV antibiotics start again (three times a day)...

They have suggested a 'long line' (which is exactly what it says on the side of the tin) so it lasts for the whole two week course rather than me having to keep getting a venflon put in at local hospitals a la last time!

The down side is the long line is bloomin' long! *shivers and shudders

Well...It is Jo + 3! (You know what I mean...)

AND just three days left until my remix of Erasure's Here I Go Impossible Again appears on the band's official website (July 30th) and I need you ALL to vote for it (Sparky Mix)!

http://www.erasureinfo.com/treasure/comp.html

Click here to e-mail me

Click here to see my photos


Book : Finally finished Charlie Connelly's Attention All Shipping The Shipping Forecast book!)
Music: Raveonettes (My newest favourite band!)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Oh JB...flattery will get you everywhere! xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home