Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Butchers and Bakers

Bloggadears,

Well, well, well isn't it hot! England warmed than Barbados, Cyprus and Ibiza today...I feel sorry for all those holiday makers (not!)

Mr and Mrs W have gone to Paris....while I went to Brownhills Market (note the contrast I am picturing here dear reader?) Of course I don't envy them...NO (cries!)

I had a strange dream. I was in the family butchers in London (which my family used to run for generations and indeed Florence Nightingale was a regular but I have never visited it ) trying to explain who I was....

In another dream this week I was playing football in our lounge with Dennis Wise...and we were arguing if the carpet near the hi-fi was part of the goal..

On a slightly less weird note I finished my CDs of melancholy, suspense and triumph for the documentary...I also sent off the first two tapes of video diary to them...

I also have a confession....about a month ago I dissed a Moby album on this blog...It has since grown into one of my favourite albums the little New Yorker has done...up there with Animal Rights, and a lot better than 18...

Oh I almost forgot I bumped into E.S (yes Laura...your Daddio!) in Lichfield and spent a pleasurable lunchtime watching England V Bangledesh in an ale house (ssssh!)

The same day I went to Mr and Mrs S ('tale of two Vickies' Mrs S) for dinner. I think it was the best day I have had for a long time.

My health always suffers after going somewhere for an evening...but I had almost a full O2 container left so put it up to '6' on the way home...

Mum had stayed in Stafford and found a pub that do nice coffees....This is a bonus as I always feel guilty having to rely on her to take me places if she is bored.

We have been doing a lot of wrapping (as opposed to rapping) yesterday. With the ever looming propect of being away in Newcastle for more than two months at 30 mins notice we have to be ready. That includes wrapping cards and presents for people whose b'days are in the next couple of months...especially if they are 'big' b'days.

AND I almost forgot congratulations the former Mrs Baker (now Mrs B!?!) on the birth of her third child...bet it's not her last..

I thought you may like to see a pic of my cousins Jane and Oliver (he's the smaller one!) in our back garden....bless.

(full set on http://groups.msn.com/marksucks)


Music: Kraftwerk, William Orbit
Book: The Shipping Forecast - Connelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home