Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Tori Amos, Orance Knickers and Coloured Dreams

BloggCentral,

How are ye my weary readers? Another week eh? Life eh? eh? (This sentence has been brought to you by the word 'eh'.)

Come into my world for a tick....(oh come on in, the water's lovely!)

I do dream in colour....I made a point to remember and wrote down my dream the other night, which consisted of people and bread (and getting the two jumbled)

I went to Tori Amos on Thursday with Mr and Mrs W and Mr I (who unbelievably is in his 50s and I swore he was in his 30s!)

It was a tough night. Two oxygen cylinders for the gig and an old-style metal one for the car....

It was the first seated gig I have ever been to at the Civic...

Why are so may pseudo tie-n-dye intellectual types Tori Amos fans? I think half the audience were school teachers (who really felt they should be lecturers!)

If they were that intelligent why did so many of them smoke?!

Well then my friends this is a cut-down version of what I thought of the gig. A longer pseudo tie-n-dye intellectual version will appear on ciao.co.uk later!

The lovely Tori Amos - she likes pigs you know.



Tori Amos – Sinsuality Tour – Wolverhampton Civic June 2

Tori Amos is best known for the album sleeve where she breastfeeds a piglet, something she must be ‘boar’ed of being reminded about.

But the lady who put the ‘sty’ in style (enough pig puns – Ed) with kooky good looks and orgasmic piano has a reputation covered in rhythm and ‘sow’ul (sorry!)

Never one to rest on laurels she covered Eminem and hit number one with the remixed ‘Professional Widow’ – neither aired tonight.

An hour-and-a-half of girl and whimsical piano, not matter how virtuoso, spells ‘same’.

Tori’s a fine pianist, swapping drawbar organ, and harpsichord, even sitting at one, playing the other behind her back. Clever.

But for £30 we deserved a little banter (she was virtually silent); A bit of variety (she could have at least afforded Damien Rice to duet).

Diehards enjoyed older songs like Jackie’s Strength, Hey Jupiter and countless ballads about icicles and God as a woman (or whatever!)

Songs off new album The Beekeeper made up most of the gig, with the title track, Martha’s Foolish Ginger and Goodbye Pisces (during which the screen showed fish) almost standing out.

But where were her hits? No Cornflake Girl. No The Power Of Orange Knickers - the subject of most of her merchandising.

Sometimes a chorus of any kind would have been welcome, even the Crazy Frog!

Perhaps she will make enough from this tour to retire to Cornwall and become a pig farmer full time!

Music: Guess?!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:10 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Well you have a point there....I was in awe - wherever 'awe' is...if it is near Wolverhampton then I was there!! x

     
  • At 10:05 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Nome De Plume....You can't eat, drink or speak through a face mask so I go for the nasal prongs...Haven't dreamt of those dolphins recently...but there have been strange people! (or is that reality) - which used to me a friend of mine, along with Mother Nature, Father Time, now I put them in a home and filed them under 'uses unknown'...x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home