Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Beauty By Louisa, Inferno By Dante



Pictures of Louisa and moi from my little break in Sheffield - If this was smellyvision you would know how good that food was!



*Am in PickMeUp magazine this week and will be on BBC TV’s Inside Out on Monday night (as if I hadn’t plugged these enough! I HAVE NOW...) Lets all rejoice in the post-modern currency of celebrity and publicity (or not.)


REWIND (please make correct rewind noises) to Saturday – eventful evening. A stupid girl got beaten up by her stupid boyfriend and we were nearly caught in it and I bet the silly b*tch is back going out with him now.

You can see what kind of people they are is she said ‘he was saying stuff about my step sister’. I thought about it. If anything had happened to my friends that night….

The girl looked like the type who would split up with someone and be convinced her life wasn’t a life until she had another bloke, who would no doubt cheat on her too.

Get a grip! Try being on oxygen for two years hon and see how that affects your love life! So young and yet…..so stupid. What does she want? Sympathy?

Why do girls of a certain age get so depressed they haven’t got a loser in tow at any one time. Gosh….no bloke at Xmas….life’s not worth living eh? lol…..DOH!

As for the bloke….he was such a lowlife I'm not going to waste valuable cyberspace! Although I already have!

I had a good time in Sheffield. I went up to spend time with beauty therapist Louisa, who I worked with in Sydney. (We both worked with Nomes and Gerbri…but NOT as beauty therapists….she’s the only artistic one!)

We only live an hour apart, but I had seen Gerbri from Holland twice and Naomi from Australia twice in the time it took for me to get to see Louisa once. Silly us….

It was great to catch up on our gossip (and drinking) and although we planned to do lots of other stuff we really just sat and chatted all weekend….losing track of time…

We both had a lot to talk about because we both have a lot going on in our lives and I’m sure we both felt a lot better for talking about it. It was all a GOOD THING.

If anyone is ever in Sheffield Las Iguanas is a great restaurant – it also provides some ideal opportunities for middle-class bohemian people-watching (my sport of choice!)

I believe I agreed to a weekend at Manchester's Mardi Gras (although I can't be certain.....) Not to self - 'buy glitter'.

I was sorry to go home. It was also the first day on NO painkillers so anyone who saw me shaking a bit, it wasn’t just the cold or a touch of the Pete Dohertys - although I believe he wants my medicine cabinet.

Bizarrely two days hardly leaving a room in Sheffield for some reason illogically did my stamina good as my cycle on Wednesday morning went well! C'est la vie mon amis.

I need to get insurance cover for my new car, but despite NEVER having had an accident, because I have not driven for three years my NO CLAIMS has vanished. (*pooooof* - a vanashing noise.)

Insurance companies are the pits. Not Brad or Jen either! I am talking about Dante’s Inferno, just between terrorists and Celebrity Big Brother contestants!

Talking of the pits, after a cycle and an induction at Fitness First (a bit pricey!) I went to Heartlands to see the nurses and docs and have a check-up etc.

They knew I needed Tauralin for days but the prescription wasn’t written out and when it was I had to wait more than 90 minutes at pharmacy and they still didn’t have enough in.

Piss up, Heartland Hospital couldn’t organise, brewery – rearrange these words to make a sentence!

And, despite all the publicity there were large areas of the hospital which seemed to ignore the fact that alcohlol gel keeps infections down. They had posters, but no gel, especially in the pharmacy area!

All this meant a planned meeting at the BBC and a visit to my uncle’s place couldn’t happen! (Both rearranged – phew!)

I also get the impression people at hospitals want to find something wrong with you so they can arrange home visits to boost expenses and the spiral continues…..not getting caught in that again, thank you.

At least Dr Wildman, who seems very nice, said my lungs were ‘clean as a bell’.

I found out some strange things that have been happening to me are just side effects from the drugs I’m on. This is good…as privately I was stressing. Enough about that.

One interesting thing is I apparently won’t go bald while I am on anti-rejection drugs, but may need the odd waxing! Lol…I wouldn’t advise a transplant as a baldness cure!

Thursday was a ‘white-out’ as the media like to say – My cycle ride was a ‘snow go’ and feeling ‘flaked out’ I went to B’wood Leisure Centre, but no gym appointments available.

Not feeling too ‘iced off’ I got a lift home and started more internet insurance hunting.

Meeting Vickie for coffee pm soon…..loads to catch up on…probably.

Then I think I deserve a hot water and whiskey…(need a little warming from the inside!)

Oh yes… For those to be at Starbucks at Stafford on Friday – I salute you and hug you.

Busy (I mean 'busy' whi did I say 'bust'?) weekend with a visit from the family Dyne but am probably meeting the usual suspects on Sunday and going ‘editing’ with the Inside Out team at BBC’s Mailbox (Brum) on Monday.

MUSIC: Sparks: Hello Young Lovers, Johnny Cash - Amercian IV, Arctic Monkeys,
BOOK: Cutting Humour (Private Eye Compilation)

To email me click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home