Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Salty Seadog and a Webcam


Bloggies/ettes!

The 'Green Dream' (The Midlands own Big Brother) gets nearer - it starts on Monday - Remember to text 'MARK' to 07624 803988 every day to keep me in. It only costs the same as texting a friend .



It will be on Midlands Today and Radio WM but there is also a webcam in there...You can see it on CLICK

For all the latest from the house CLICK

The weekend was surreal as only Eurovision weekends can be…Finland looked good, but it wasn’t even metal, more like sub-Bon Jovi soft rock – a real letdown.

It would be like Slipknot turning up in your kitchen and playing a Richard Marx track!

I went to Erik and Diana’s to watch it – they can’t really go out at the moment, what with Mark Jnr being a few days old.

I notice the cat doesn’t like the baby Cats and babies don’t mix, unless they are baby cats….

Which brings us neatly to my kittens., They are now almost four weeks old and almost ready to come to the house.

I will have an ‘at home’ for them so they can be meeted and greeted by all and sundry…(not dogs invited…)

I gave a talk for the West Midlands CF Trust, at the Quality Hotel on the Hagley Road in Birmingham on Tuesday.

I then had to hot-foot it to Radio WM to be interviewed by Jimmy Franks….By the end of it all..my voice had disappeared.

I took the opportunity to drop off my CV for Hugh Berlyn at BBC On-Line. A friend told me they are looking for freelancers.

Actually been busy on that front this week. My Godmother’s hubbie (is that my Godfather? – Not in a mafia way though?) – has decided to walk backwards between Burntwood and Lichfield to raise money for a memorial at Alrewas.

He is a salty old sea dog and the papers seem to love the story. He is being inundated with photographers and hacks…

It only took a small press release and the story wrote itself.

I think a couple of papers aren’t even going to change the release and just put it in...If only everything was as easy eh?

The county council jobs I went for I rang up about. One I didn’t get but only because I hadn’t enough actual PR experience. The woman said the rest of my application and CV was perfect….The other job hasn’t been shortlisted yet.

I also posted my application for the editorship of the Staffordshire County Magazine…..watch this space.

Two bits of bad news. Tracey (a CF girl) died this week in hospital and Sue Leigh’s husband died in a car crash.

The BB thing is looming large. It seems to be on the front of the Cannock edition of every paper each week.

We are going out live on Midlands Today (BBC TV) on Monday and several times a day on Radio WM…

People are continuing to recognise me in the street.

At the weekend I am off to Sarah’s 30th in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, followed by the Transplant Ball (up north too!)

So I will be going into this Big Brother house with a massive hangover.

I am still working hard at the gym and playing badminton and cycling each week – still can’t lose weight though…damn steroids. But as soon as they are reduced I will shrink…

Its not as if I’m fat, and I have put on a lot of muscle. I just have my ideal weight in my head (not always the same as the doctors’…Not that they can agree among themselves anyway!

Well its Wednesday night as I write this and I went to my computer class, gym and yoga today and am physically and mentally exhausted. I have also been trying to fight a losing battle in catching up with my e-mails….

Anyway,,,,I don’t know if I will have time to write much before I go into the Cannock Big Brother House on Monday so please come and say hello and text till it hurts to keep me in there.

Oh and a big thank you to those people who buy the stuff I put on eBay – your cash enables me to buy more stuff I don’t need!

And if you are thinking of bidding against me for those cricket rib guards….please don’t! Time to pack for the weekend (including the tuxedo I will have to squeeze into!)

Oh yes mum is at the Chelsea Flower Show this week so watch out for her on TV….(television, not transvestite!)

It's now Thursday and I went to Cannck after the gym and saw the band stand starting to be converted. I also bumped into Psycho Mick and Ian (double whammy with cheese?)

SRI LANKA ARE JUST ALL OUT! CLICK

Feel free to e-mail me on MAIL

Music: Andy Bell ‘Crazy’…Dirty Pretty Things ‘ Bang..’
Momus: ‘Little Red Song Book’ PSBs ‘ I’m With Stupid’


britauction.co.uk (my new sponsor)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home