Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Marc Almond lived here!













Hello,

Busy week as par usual. I think I went to the most boring photoshoot in the history of the universe....went swimming three times (increasing each time!) and went on my physio walk.

I have done more steps each of the three weeks I have been using my pedometer....

When I do go swimming (which I find the most boring exercise ever invented) I do feel excellent for aged afterwards so try and utilise this by walking around ASDA or the town centre (even if I don't need anything!) - I wish the feeling lasted!

On Friday however there were too many splashy kids with their tattoo'd dads Is it compulsory to have body art when you father a sub-normal sprog up here? Hmmm.

Went to Southport with RCCA on Tuesday. We got rained on. and sheltered in the ironically named Funland.....

But we did get coffee served by a family of in-breds and fish and chips with a group of foreign people who wanted to know what mushy peas were - (don't bother, we told them!)

If this was their first taste of the UK - God help them!
Why were there no cafes by the sea (which was miles out!), just McDonalds and a bowling ally. I later found out Southport were crashing out of the Coference at the exact time we were there..

But afterwards I did my 10,000th step of the day - the first time since my records began I had done more than 10,000.... In fact I took a picture of it I was so proud....see above!

What else.....Well I am back in Cannock Wood now as I am striving to finish everything for the Transplant Suport Network newsletter this week and still have no laptop at home in Widnes.
I am still looking on-line and will get one...at some point. But if I get one it wil probably go wrong. I went into Lichfield today to take my iPod Nano back to Curry's..
They don't take them in - I have to call a courier service to pick it up and deliver it. But in Lichfield I did run into Jennifer C (I was gentle!) - which is always a pleasure....

Well I will love you and leave you as this newsletter won't write itself - and there is only so much I can do in the mornings at work before I swipe myself in - a bientot!

xxxxx

3 Comments:

  • At 10:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Mark, it`s Berangere.
    Soz it`s been so long. Seems life and time is sometimes getting funnily out of my hands, or I get plunged into it so easily, I don`t know, lol.
    Special thought tonight, peops..

    You might have heard it on the news, it has been big thing in France on Monday.

    The 2004 winner of the French Pop Ideal, Gregory Lemarchal, who has had Cystic Fibrosis since he was 20 months old, but has decided always to fight it, well he died last Monday.
    Never had the chance to get a lung transplant.
    He made a smashing brilliant performance through his tv appearance during the contest.
    Has been recognised as the best male voice since Daniel Balavoine.
    Never showed his illness, he chose to fight and laugh out of his illness.

    France was shooken up by the news, he was a loved young man of barely 24 years old, recognised by so many famous French artists.

    He will be surely missed,

    Tonight there was a tv show dedicated to him, and within 30 minutes, there was already 1 millions euros promises of donations for Cystic Fibrosis in France. Proof of the extent of how much he was appreciated and how he touched people by his gentleness, generosity, humbleness, determination to live and laugh every day and help all kids affected by the illness.

    May his soul rest in peace.

     
  • At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Berangere again..
    After 2 hours 1/2, over 5 millions euros of promises of donation for cystic fibrosis, through the special show dedicated ot the memory of 24 years old Gregory Lemarchal, who died on Monday.
    It was so sad, to see the great voices of France crying on tv..
    But beyond that, this is a message for determination to live, enjoy life and live one`s dreams whatever comes in between us all.

     
  • At 5:51 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    Thank you for that Berangere - Bereangere is a French girl I was close to a long time ago.... Great you are still about Miss B - I think of you whenever I see Lisa Simpson! xxx Oh by the way Miss B - Ak gets married this year and Nath lives near Southampton.... xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home