Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dragon Killin', Ak and The Wharf


Hello,

Well I am starting to feel a little better. Whether it's the swimming and pedometer stuff, my body getting used to a reduced lung capacity or the carbon monoxide getting out my system (detox-fest) who knows.....

But today is Sunday...and its gonna be a busy one and I'm 'entertaining' later.... So famous last words!

Happy St George's Day to one and all for tomorrow. I hope everyone goes out and had a drink this weekend - Let's show Paddy how it's done!

I am a little weary as I was doing stuff on the PC then watching England's amazing match v West Indies (That's cricket for you Phillistines!).... Fantastic game. I was glued (not literally glued, although I do like the smell of glue, as long as its not made form dead horses!)

Well. Another busy one. I saw my GP on Tuesday for the results of my blood test (he was a little confused and kept gong on about a 'diabetic diet' but I humoured him....)

I had a 'flexi day' on Thursday, which is not some kind of yoga (!) but a kind of day off in lieu... (that's a word I can never spell!)

I went swimming (it was brat free!) and was functional. I did a supermarket shop (didn't buy any supermarkets), hoovered the car (how suburban), went to the florists.....and just pottered.

I also went and had a haircut. And was in there at the same time as a reporter (Holly) I knew from one of the local papers - small world, (but I wouldn't want to paint it!)

(Oh and Sarah and Kirsty. I did that 'thing' I was telling you I was going to do! - D-day is on Tuesday... xxxx)

I was mentioned - although not by name - in a letter in one of the weekly papers. The normal shi*t about how council tax pays for a load of PR people and accountants.

The person asked if I got a 'warm glow' when I put out a press release about someone having their house re-possessed....

Firstly. If it wasn't for us press officers the council arranging PR campaigns, press releases and photo shoots etc the council would have to spend thousands per week on advertising to get events in the media.....and pay outside people to write the council magazines.

Also. We have to make sure people know what happens if they don't pay the tax. Re-possession is only a last resort. It is news because it happens so rarely. So put that is your pipe and smoke it 'Ruffled from Runcorn'...

Enough ranting! I have also been busy as the next issue of Transplant Support Network's magazine is due out...like yesterday!

On Friday was had a dress-down day (not a dressing down day, which wouldn't have been half so amusing!) and those sort of days never feel like a work day.

I went back to Cannock Wood in the evening. I am cat-sitting. It is their 1st birthdays and Emily and Beth from next door brough round a cake in the shape of a mouse....bless.

On Saturday I went swimming in Burntwood - or tried to. It was so full of kids I gave up. I went over to Erik and Diana's for lunch in Willenhall and then met Ak in Walsall - his Sikh/Spanish wedding is coming up.

While we there sitting outisd the Wharf Bar (by that grotesque new art gallery) we saw a fisherman cast off and catch a little girl in the face with his hook. It was pretty nasty.

I came back to the village and caught up with Stumpy and Garage (just like old times!)and we sat on a wall watching the horses and talking about girls. Just as we always used to do!

Well today I am going to try and finish the village news (breath)a poster for the summer fayre and do some more for the Transplant Support Network before meeting the usual suspects and my cousins at lunchtime (breath) and hopefully getting back to Widnes to catch my interview on the Roger Phillips show (breath) for 5.30pm...... (deep breath!)

Don't laugh too much at my accent (the Scousers tell me I am very Brummie - bless them) and well done all of you. We are pushing 18,000 hits on this blog now....In true Oscars style ' I couldn't have done it without you!) xxxxx

LINKS:

To get on the organ donor register
CLICK
To email me
CLICK
To see my Myspace site
CLICK
To see Halton Borough Council's site
CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home