Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, March 30, 2007

Newcastle, BBC Mersyside and The Unicorn!


Hello Bloggettes,

Busy week – when is it not? After our quiz victory last week I went to the Wests’ on Saturday night – and felt shit all the next couple of days (not their fault!)

Kirsty who also stayed over, also felt bad – so it must be something to do with Walsall air!

On Monday I had loads to do, all very functional. I sorted out some investments and pottered around at the swimming pool (the life guard recognised me from a skiiid holiday when we were kids!) and drove up to Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

Sarah was revising so wasn’t meeting her til Tuesday so just chilled in my little room up north. But I never sleep well the day before a hospital trip.

My FVC was up bit my FEV1 (the main test of lung capacity) was exactly the same. Still down to 25 per cent of what it should be…But its not going down…I hoped it may go up. But next time...

I met Sarah and we hit ‘As You Like It’ – a lovely eatery in a horrible building in Jesmond. We decided we are going to go on a spa weekend together - any ideas?

I drive back to Widnes (about four hours) and mum met me in Widnes and we went to The Unicorn (see pic) for some food.

The lovely waitress there has just come back from Thailand – so I ordered Thai lamb! Bless. In fact both waitresses there are cute – always a bonus!

I went to Liverpool on Thursday to be interviewed on Radio Merseyside (it will be a 30-minute slot to be broadcast in April) and spent the day with Roger Phillips and his team. Good contact-building and nice to put names to faces.

It was really interesting…and it felt good to be back in journalism (if only for a day!) – traffic was a nightmare though and £11 to park!

Everyone was really kind. But there again, everyone is in Merseyside….

MUSIC: Editors - The Back Room

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home