Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, April 08, 2007

If rain makes Britain great, then Manchester is greater!


Hello Bloggeddears,
The picture is for anyone who loves the idea of a penguin! :)

Well it seems a long time since I updated the blog! SO what has been happening in the week?

I went to Manchester on Wednesday to see Rebecca (who I worked with on the Newsletter) and the on-line people at the BBC...It's always good to put faces to names!

PURDAH is in place before the local elections. Which means we have to be very cafeful not ot quote councillors and try and steer them away from photo ops!

(This is to make everything fair, because by promoting the councillors we would be promoting the Labour group...)

But we are getting round it well. This week we are doing a lot of stuff with members of the youth cabinet and a campaign they are having in getting their peers to be on the electoral register. NEVER work with young people or animals...

I managed three lots of swimming at Kingsway and was feeling quite good by Thursday. I came out the baths (after I got changed of course - me in swimming shorts would do more than the chemicals for distorting Widnes-isans) and walked to the library, and ASDA and back to my car at Kingsway.....

I am finding a real feel-good factor for the few hours after the exercise...

But by Friday morning (back in Staffordshire) I was full of cold (not good for a transplant patient going through chronic rejection!)...I went into Lichfield through necessity...wearing the trusty pedometer...I bought the new Erasure single. (It's a return to form!)

On Saturday I went to PC World to buy a lap top only for the last one of the model I wanted saold to the couple in front of me in the queue....bah.... They were pushy so I had let them go in front of me in the first place - Mark learns lesson #1.

I saw an old school friend Andrea on Saturday afternoon and then got fish and chips (the first time in months!) It is strange how F&C are being re-branded as a health food now.... What next? Jade Goody as emabassador to India?

It is now Easter Day - Hurray! - and am going to meet another old school friend in the pub tonight - if I can shake this cold! Haven't seen him for years. Will I recognise him?

LINKS: My Myspace CLICK My pics CLICK

I am also now on Facebook....Find me Sherlock!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    careful with laptops they can fry your nuts turning them from salty to dry roasted......

    not good

     
  • At 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    take that's new album is rather good.....

    strange but true

    psbs touring and playing wolvo!

     
  • At 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    take that's new album is rather good.....

    strange but true

    psbs touring and playing wolvo!

     
  • At 8:32 am, Blogger Mark said…

    PSBS? GET ME TICKETS!!!!

     
  • At 4:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home