Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Balti Towers


Hello Beautiful Bloggetes (and the rest of you!)

Pic: A cute waitress....yesterday.....

Gosh.....Britain basks in better weather shock......Although the wind could be tempered down a bit (you know us English....luv a good whinge - almost as much as the Aussies, but not quite!)

Well election fever almost hit Halton....(well more slapped it in the face with a mildly wet fish to be honest). The count at the stadium went smoothly and it was fun as I got to look after the media, (as I am a council PR officer, it is my duty!)

This meant meeting the people I normally just speak to on the phone. Its always good to put faces to names and visa versa! The media are mostly nice in Halton....But I have to say this or they beat me up.... (just joking, honest!)

I managed to get a swim in (28 lengths) between leaving the office and going to the count (election, not dracula!) - so was fairly chilled...(I must point out this was in a swimming pool and not in the town centre - Widnes isn't Venice!)

The Lib Dems gained a couple of seats in Halton and the turn-out was up - nothing TOO exciting.... But I like the buzz of election nights...The count was at the rugby stadium so we had Starbucks and a bar going on...

I got home and watched the other results on the TV for ages (every party as usual claims a victory!) and only got a couple of hours sleep.

I was going to go home early on Friday but as I was the only press officer in and everything was predicatably hectic I didn't manage to get away....

The council seemed to be half empty.. I believe the people who help with the count get paid extra - lucky sods!

It was a nightmare trying to get any press releases out because nobody was around to be quoted... But I had pics to take and stuff to prepare and enquiries to answer.

I came back to Cannock Wood on Friday evening for Ian's b'day balti in Chasetown. It was good. Food was nice - may return sometime....

Saturday was spent in Tamworth - bought various bits and bobs and people watched - Tamworth people are erm...... 'special'.....

Walked to pub with Rich (after he had come back from the Villa) and realise clocked up almost 10,000 seps on my pedometer....

Sunday I felt crap - dunno why, just NO NRG....Went to PG with Usual Suspects at lunchtime - its been a while since the gang got together...

I don't know whether it is because of the summer feel-good factor but the waitresses at that place get cuter each time I go there...

I continue to eat sushi at lunchtimes and avoiding the 'food' trolley at work. AND it is working. My tummy, which was very noticable last month is almost gone!

But the swimming has been the best boost to my health - the feeling lasts at least 3 hours after I finish - I can walk round town like a 'normal' person...

Next week my physio is getting me down the gym. We shave time off our Tuesday lunchtime walk each week...

Hello to RJF and Berangere who I enjoyed chatting to on MSM yesterday!

Pixie love...... xxx
CLICK for my pics
CLICK for my Myspace
CLICK for the Widnes News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home