Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sarah, Newcastle and FEV1



Blogettes!!

How is it hanging, people?

On Sunday the lovely Clare (as in Clare-a-manjaro!) came round with her friend Rachel and we hit the Park Gate for Sunday lunch.

The roast was good…It’s a Sunday thing! A roast is something I never make for myself so it is a real treat to have one cooked for me...

I felt still full from the previous night's balti - but variety eh? Two national dishes in two days!

On Sunday night I went back to the pub with lads from the cricket club. Although I didn’t drink too much as had to be out the house on way to Newcastle by 8am!

I got to Sarah's place at lunchtime and then we used our free two-day pass at David Lloyd's place in Newcastle - we just chilled (as much as one can in the sauna!)

After that I went back to Sarah's and we ate food and watched some of Oceans 11 - but it wasn't too impressive....

I had to park near the nurses flats at the hospital, walk to the ward to pick up my keys and walk back to the flats....I slept well!

Up at 6am as my first tests at the hospital were 7.30am - but 8.40am I had less blood, was shattered abfter lung function tests and was slumped over egg and beans at the canteen!

The professor was amazed. My lung function FEV1 and FVC were both up. This apparently can't happen. It just goes to show what one can achieve through hard work.

He had two students from Hong Kong with him. He told them I was unusual as was 'a lot more muscular' as one would expect from someone with CF. Hmmmm.

Went to David Lloyd for the second part of my pass. The facilites are nice but not as good as you would expect for the high joining fees.

I went back to Sarahs to start planning out holiday and our weekend away in Cumbria and set off about 4.30pm. Got back to Widnes about 8pm after loads of traffic...bah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home