Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Friday, May 18, 2007

Making the Grady - Eurotrash

Well well well… How are thee? I had another doctor nightmare. What is it with Widnes docs – what do they get paid for? Perhaps they only know about fat people!

They decided the Creon (which I have had for 30 years) I suddenly didn’t need (despite the fact my body can’t digest fat without the tablets – so I couldn’t eat!)

Even a simpleton could look in a medical dictionary and realise that…..But not an over-paid doctor in Widnes…

I seem to be slowly getting over my cold and kept up the swimming….and convinced myself I am better for it….

I had my first gym session on Saturday at The Stadium – I can only go on a Saturday when my instructor is there – who looks and sounds like Paul O Grady…

It brought it home to me how little I can do compared with a few weeks ago. But it also gave me an aim and a target......

It is a strange place. Half the machines don’t work and there were dozens of kids with table-tennis bats around ….(I presume they were actually playing table tennis!)

There was toilet roll type stuff to wipe down the equipment with – how dodgy does that sound?

Saturday evening was Eurovision – I got an ASDA Indian takeaway and some wine in especially – but when the Uktrainian Chris Biggins/Sue Pollard thing didn’t win…

What a farce. The quality was even worse than usual wasn’t it? It was lucky I had wine – so I had an excuse for throwing stuff at the TV…

Sunday I went over to see Caroline in Sandbach and we had a good Sunday lunch at a country pub before hitting the cinema in Newcastle-under-Lyme.

We saw Road Hogs – which was a lot better than I expected it to be to be honest. The bad weather meant my average steps for the week was down on last week. Not my fault y'honour!

What's a wireless drill and The Championship got in common? No Leeds!

Oh yes...My lovely friend Michelle Dhillon has started a great magazine in Nottingham. She is an amazing culture vulture. CLICK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home