Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Saturday, May 26, 2007

We are the Pet Shop Boys!

Well then, another week, doesn't is seem like only last week it was....erm.....last week. Well my friends, people have written whole newspaper columns on less!

So what have I been up to - apart from 'bigging up' (as my niggaz in da hood say) Halton Council and thinking up bad puns for headlines and oiling the cogs of democracy...?

Well I watched the Liverpool game (well most of it, got a bit bored) and enjoyed all the long faces the next day.... For God's sake people someone in the family hasn't died - you just won the same amount of cups as Villa did this year - and we aren't moaning.

But typically it was all the blame of 'the referee' the police, the pitch etc etc. Has it never stuck people that Liverpool are overpaid and under-performing.....

The weather has been good so my step-o-meter has been working overtime. I was going to say my personal trainer would be impressed (but the gym is closed for 'refurbishment')...

I have swam a couple of times before work this week - the water is warmer and less full of piss.

I had Friday off so met up with Vickie P and little Gracie for lunch....

Friday night went to see the Pet Shop Boys with Caroline - They rocked (in an electronic way of course) and were on-stage for almost two hours....One of the backing singers used to be in Soul II Soul and I swear I saw the Chuckle Brothers on stage at one point....

Chris Lowe was wearing a gren day-glo hoody/ie. They were on sale at the merhandise stand for £40 quid - I bet the Frank Sidebottom stuff won't be so expensive - Well you could probably buy his whole back cataloge for that!

I had a finanical review at The Halifax this morning - just making sure Mr Taxman gets hold of as little of my cash as possible! Then I went to Lichfield. I needed b'day pressies for people (shhhh don't tell them!) and various vegetables!

Tonight is balti night with Erik, Diana and little Mark W (although he is too young for balti, being one-year-old and will probably just sleep!)

The rest of the weekend is looking rosy. I am meeting up with the lovely Clare C (over from Ireland for the Bank Holiday) and we are going to do lunch at the PG, probably meet the cricket lot in the evening and Monday I am heading up North....

No rest for the wicked.....Wicked? A chance would be a fine thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home