Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, May 21, 2007

IKEA and Lily


Hiya Folkettes,

Friday I went swimming and home to get an early night as I had a busy weekend ahead and I can't do two nights out in a trot anymore....It's my age!

I had my gym session on Saturday morning with the fellow misfits and then hit IKEA in Warrington - a little bit of Sweden in Cheshire....

That place is huge - a huge one-way warehouse of furniture and stuff you don't really need until you see it...

You can eat Swedish food and drink Swedish drink - There was no Abba, Cadigans or Ace of Base though - I thought I might see Ulrika and Sven too... Bah.

All I ended up buying was four candles (just like the two Ronnies sketch!)

The cup final was rubbish wasn't it. Jehovah's Witnesses came round and I ALMOST invited them in for the entertainment..... almost....

I then toddles across to Chester. Dave H and I met Rebecca and we did John and The Frog And Nightingale, Old Hawkers and City Bar..

The barmaid of Old Hawkers was a spitting image of Lily Allen (who I sometimes claim to be my sister)....So therefore I couldn't lust after the barmaid...Damn!

City Bar had a word-based video game which becomes harder the more one has to drink! I don't really remember walking back to Hoole.

The next day we just ambled into town to the Blue Moon Cafe by the river and watched the rowers....and the cyclists.... and the ducks.....

Back at work for a rest!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who's that dodgy bloke behind lily allen in the pic??..very shifty
    rich

     
  • At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You mean Lily isn't your sister?!

     
  • At 2:53 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    lol - I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home