Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Shingles, Bekakakah and Frank.


Hiya,

As you may have guessed from the title of this entry - I have shingles! I had a smell rash after coming back from Newcastle and I thought it was bed bugs or something from sleeping on a strange bed up north.... But no.... bah! It is now confirmed.....

Anyway. Back to work on Wednesday but I had an eye test in the morning. It was strange, they put drops in your eye to make it look as though one is on 'e'..

Huge pupils (and we are not talking obese school kids here!) So spent rest of day squinting at computer screen...

Then on Friday I had my outpatients appointment in Heartlands..But typical they tried to use the wrong machine to test my lung capacity.... I seem to be travelling all over the country for the pleasure of being prodded and poked!

It was slightly down on my Newcastle level of Tuesday - but it was still up on my last visit to Heartlands..Hope that makes sense....

And the pain of the shingles (although I didn't know what's what it was at the time) was resticting my breathing....

Friday night Ian and I went to see Frank Sidebottom in Wolverhampton - and met the great man. It was the only gig I have been to where you get food at half-time and the act raffles off the props.

On Saturday I had all good intentions of going into Stafford. But the kittens were demanding attention and who was I not to give it to them?

In the afternoon I went to visit the lovely Bekkkkkkkah at 'Fleur' in Stone, her last day working at the place and went back to see her boat.

They live in a lovely spot by the canal and even have a signal box in the garden.. WoW! V.cool.

In the evening I went to the Griff boys' dad's 50th - it was funny. They gave speeches and the only thing they could find their dad had done funny in 50 years was kick a ball against a fence... Andy Griff is meant to be a law peronsage - I hope he sums up the cases better than this!

Then headed back to wonderful Widnes - Gosh I itch and its not just the chemicals!

SEE MY MYSPACE
SEE MY PICTURES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home