Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, July 23, 2007

Tate pics and Harvey Nics!

Hiya,

Another hectic one. In fact all I had to do tonight was write this blog and I have only just stoppped vegetating and starting to write...

I took J and K to the station on Monday on the way to work and they spent three days in Wales - while I went back to normality - or as normal as one can be working for Halton Council.

They came back on Thursday and we just ate fish pie (I thought I had defrosted a cottage pie - doh!) and chilled and talked.

On Friday I gave them a lift to Widnes Station again on the way to work while they went shopping in Liverpool and picked them up on the way back - in the pouring rain.

Although, by some Terry and June-esque mix-up they were waiting about a minutes walk from where I was parked...More 'doh'...

Dave came round and the girls cooked us a lovely German meal and we went to watch the new Harry Potter film (not as good as the last ones - they just look too old now!) in Runcorn.

Why do people eat in cinemas? It is one of my pet hates? It really puts one off the film..

On Saturday I went for my physio at Halton Stadium and then the three of us went (via Istanbul Cafe, where we met a woman who had lived in Iran) to Liverpool.

We explored The Albert Docks (I tried to explain Fred's weather map in the context of Richard and Judy and the fact neither are there any more) and we 'did' the Tate.

I am no art buff - but I thought the stuff on the ground floor wasn't up to much and things got better the higher up in the buiding you got. The modern art was excellent as the exhibits were so varied. Emin to Picasso!

I did more steps that day on my pedometer than I had done any day since I first started to wear it in Feburary time - almost 13,000... And I felt it.

In the evening I made a korma (not instant!) Too much, but we ate it!

Sunday morning we went to the airport to the background of Adagio from Stings, my favourite music at the momemt.

I was sorry to see K and J go - but came home and slept for an hour or so.... Then I drove to Sarah's mum's in Leeds to meet her family - I had never met them. They seem cool.

We did loads of shopping and latte'd (to latte MUST be a verb) in Harvey Nics. I 'Primark'ed and Sarah 'All-Saint'ed - I suppose that is the difference between us really...

It was a chilled day and I think we will get on fine when we go on holiday together (eek!) in September...

The journey back from Leeds to Widnes took exacly the lenght of my Communards/Bronskie Beat/Jimmy Somerville Greatest Hits album - within five seconds...Spooky.

Back at work today I had the Cannock Wood stuff to do for the Mercury while I was signed out at luncthime and loads of stuff to keep me busy. Never a dull moment...

The PR team is back up to the full strength of three this week!

The Weekly News are doing a spread on 'presumed consent' and took my pic for it. I am just a media whore still..But there again - you all knew that, right? A bientot!

MUSIC: The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs EP - brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home