Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, July 02, 2007

Wilmslow Boyz (and girl)



Hello Bloggettes,

Well I have had my first real night out in Widnes....It involved tapas, bad dancing, too much (not enough??) wine, cider...and that was just before I left the house! lol

It was our first work social occasion since I joined. And it was good fun (what I remember of it) Although I don't remember talkimg about David Dickinson..

The started and ended up at Fagin's (formerly The View Bar) in Victoria Square.

By a strange turn of fate the taxi driver who took us home was my neighbour. I now have his card and hope to get 'mates rates'!

On Saturday I went to my physio at the gym at the rugby stadium, but was on auto-pilot and didn't really do a lot to be honest.

But I had done something physical every day during the week so didn't feel too guilty!
On Saturday afternoon (when I fianlly worked out I was below the limit enough to drive) I went to Rob (BBC cameraman) and Sarah's (cooking guru), in Hanforth, Wilmslow way.
We re-created a night in 1993 when we did a runner from our student house in Manchester after the landlord went bananas (big Scouse oaf!)..

We ate cheeseburges and watched a surreal Jodie Foster film about a girl who keeps bodies in a cellar with paedaphile undertones and in fact blatant overtones!

So we ate cheeseburgers and watched the same film. This time though we had been to two pubs in the afternoon (and shivered outside, because Sarah wanted to smoke lol

But at least with the new smoking ban there are outside heaters, its just a pity they are surrounded by smokers.

I always seem to have a great time at Rob and Sarah's but can never remember much about it.

I do know we played music until about 4am, drank too much pear cider and watched 6 hours of Frasier on Sunday afternoon, before and after a roast dinner....

It didn't stop raining much the whole weekend, except for a sunny break on Sunday morning , where we sat outside and caught the sun (although I dropped it later!)

Monday morning started as usual. I went swimming at 7.30am. Felt shite, got to work and the computer system I use to send press releases and log enquiries is down....hence doing my blog...

Oh the joy!

To email me CLICK
To listen to my music CLICK
To see my pics CLICK
Check out Michelle's marvellous magazine CLICK




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home