Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

BMI Blues and in the news

Hello Blogettes,

Sorry it has been a few weeks. My health is improving and I have joined a new gym...(JJB in Widnes) I even got interviewed on Radio Merseyside on a treadmill....

It was all to do with the 'opt out' rather than 'opt in' method of going on the transplant register.

For those of you who have been living on the moon for the last few days - the law may change so everyone is an organ donor unless they opt out....

I am also writing an article on it for the Lichfield Mercury and a similar piece will go in the Widnes World...

My lung capacity was about 25 per cent of what it should be last time I went to Newcastle - but I am hoping it will have improved now...

I did some cricket nets in Stourbridge last weekend and realised how far I still have to go before I can play seriously again...If I ever will be able to...

Got my health M.O.T at Heartlands in Bimringham on Friday - oh the joy eh?

So what's new? Well.... Got lots of holiday to take before April and am having next week off - Just going to enjoy doing as little as possible and catching up with friends.

Got a couple of baltis and a lot of coffees organised. I expect a bit of drinking may be involved too.

Decided my resoltion for the year is to have the lung capacity to jog, even if it is only for a minute...I can walk briskly for 15 mins on the treadmill, but cannot run.

How far I still have to go was banged into me when I tried to do cricket nets with some friends in Stourbridge last weekend....Lasted about 10 minutes batting..

My arms still feel like they are made of lead!

Work has been busy with the Capital Of Culture stuff coming off...And trying to get my head round the job evaluation and other worky stuff.

I have changed gym and have got a new appetite for destruction. I have found a strange machine which just seems to shake you about..

I am slowly building up the minutes and at least I have MTV Dance to watch..

At least I now know my BMI (Body Mass Index) is 25.9 and my fat index is 20.6 per cent (which is between good and excellent)...

I digress...I was disappointed I couldn't watch the Villa game there - but went to the Eight Towers pub and was the only Villa fan with a load of Scousers....

But they were friendly!

To sign on to the organ donor register call: 0845 60 60 400
(Open 24 hours)

CLICK to get on the organ donor register

BOOK: MY BOOKIE WOOKY - RUSSELL BRAND
MUSIC: MARK RONSON - VERSION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home