Breath Of Life

The life and times of Mr Mark Allen....

Monday, May 09, 2005

Colomycin and Cat's Piss

Bloggerettes,

The nurse came today with the grim news that the new IV antibiotic Colomycin has to be taken three times a day and each time has to be mixed and hung from a drip.

I had to improvise with the chandaliers! (sssssshhh don't tell!)

This is in addition to the 'cat piss' I am taking by IV three times a day. I am starting to sweat that stuff! (oooor sexy!)

What with the nebulisers, tablets, insulin injections and physio I am a walking medical casebook.

The good news is I am only on the IVs for another 11 days (whoopee!)

The bad news? Well here are the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine.


Confusion

Muscle weakness

Visual disturbances

Balance problems involving the inner ear (vertigo)

Pins and needles (paraesthesia)

Damage to the nerves

Kidney damage

"Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect." Comfort? hmmmm

"The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer. " :(

Is it a case of the cure being worse than the condition??!! I must remember to take some good bacteria yoghurts...as there will be no germs alive inside my body..

Time to tootle off to computer class now....Big Hugs

PS: Karen and Matt have put some more pictures on my photo site from South East Asis if you want to take a look...

Music: 5,6,7,8s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home